Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 AM

Smile Rome, July 30th, Noordam
Just getting ready for first trip to Europe, 7 day cruise from Rome,
Going to go three days early to to the tourist thing, looking for any
ideas / helpful hints/ motels/ transfers / thanks, Mike
Old 01-02-2011, 02:20 PM

Mike, just be aware that it takes about 3 hours to get from Rome to the cruise ship port. If you purchase transfers through the cruise line, they usually have an option to pick you up from a downtown hotel in addition to the airport pickup. There are private companies that do the transfer as well. Just be sure to plan to arrive at the cruise ship pier at least two hours prior to sailing time, if not more, to give yourself some wiggle room in case of traffic, delays, etc.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 PM

thanks so much, I have so much more to learn, booking the cruise was easy,
arranging air fare / motel rooms prior to the cruise date and after the cruise date, starting to become a job, but getting excited !!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Hi Mike, I can't even imagine how excited you are. It is one of my dreams to do a Med cruise! Jim wrote a great article on How to do the trains, this might be helpful to you. It's in the FAQ section. I wish I could suggest a hotel, but haven't been there. Here's hoping for calm seas, perfect weather, great food, and a marvelous cruise!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus 58 View Post
thanks so much, I have so much more to learn, booking the cruise was easy,
arranging air fare / motel rooms prior to the cruise date and after the cruise date, starting to become a job, but getting excited !!!
A good travel agent would be able to help you with all that and in quicker time than what you'll spend researching it all.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, america, arrive, caribbean, cruise, cruises, holland, july, noordam, pick, pier, reviews, rome, royal, time