Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Talking Midnight buffet on HAL?
Hi everyone, about to leave for my first HAL and was wondering if they offer midnight buffets? I know other lines are now shying away from them but saw a youtube video that showed seafood and indicated it was thier midnight snack? Just curious and anticipating an awesome trip. thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 04:45 PM
They do what they call "midnight snack" in the Lido Buffet everynight from 11:00 - 12:00. It is themed (ie Mexican, French, Asian, etc). You'll find the menu listed in the Lido by supper time. There will also be the "Desert Extravaganza" done one night, unsually set up in the Lido Pool area, done around 9:00 or 10:00 or so. We've not made it to the Midnight snack offerings as it's way past our bedtime. The day you're doing the glaciers, you'll probably get Hot Dutch Chocolate mid-morning and Hot Split Pea Soup in the afternoon. I do hope you enjoy the Holland America experience. Be prepared to be spoiled. Before dinner there is hors d'oevres and string quartet in the Explorer's Lounge. When you exit the dining room there is a young man behind a table offering mints or dates or candied ginger to settle your stomach. HAL is our favorite line - we're doing our 6th with them in December. You should also enjoy the Alaska experience.

Susan
Old 08-02-2011, 06:30 AM

wooo hooooooo! Thanks Susan
Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmathi View Post
wooo hooooooo! Thanks Susan
After 24 Cruises, I finally booked the Panama Canal on the Holland America Statendam last October...what a grand time...now I'm heading for the Hawaii circle on the Oosterdam...wish I had started on Holland America sooner....You shall have a wonderful time...

Bob E
Old 08-03-2011, 10:28 AM
DO NOT miss the Dessert Extravaganza; I have never seen so many beautiful desserts in one place at one time. Get there early for photos before they cut into them.

Tags
2011, america, buffet, buffets, canel, carnival, cruise, hal, holland, mid, midnight, night, panama, pea, soup, split, statendam