Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 04:31 PM

I'm under the impression that both 110AC and 220AC outlets are available in all cabins on the Westerdam. If this is true we will not need to bring along voltage converters.

As you know, we from Seattle have developed a coffee snob gene.....unfortunate, but true, and there is no Betty Ford Clinic we can go to for treatment. Therefore, we will be bringing our small, but tasteful coffee bong err.....I mean pot with us.

Does anyone see any issues with getting adequate electrical current to make this set-up functional, or will we be the ones twitching by the railing, drinking room service coffee?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 AM

I doubt they'll let you on with your coffee pot. However, if they do, the electrical outlets are just the same as in your home. You can get specialty coffees on board. Contact your travel agent or HAL agent to make sure, but most cruise lines will not allow electrical appliances like irons, tea pots, etc., on board.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
As you know, we from Seattle have developed a coffee snob gene.....
Penguin, my son and daughter-in-law live in Seattle and neither of them drinks coffee! Is that a waste, or what?? hehehe

I guess it may be genetic, as I don't care for coffee, either...

Penny is right that most cruise lines won't let you keep any kind of appliance in the cabin, as it's considered a fire hazard.

Sandy
Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 PM

wOw.....Thanks Sandy and Penny!!.....didn't think of the fire hazard angle since it's only plugged in when working.

Good to hear we can get an espresso on board.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
america, appliances, board, cabin, converter, converters, cruise, cruises, currency, electric, electrical, holland, needed, outlet, ship, ships, standard, voltage, westerdam