Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM

Cheers Dave, I was told by the travel agents because Feb is a better time to cruise and also better weather than November.

I wish more cruise lines would have itenaries like this one of Nieuw, they all seem to go to the same places and dont seem to mix it up much.

This cruise is going to Mexico, Turks & Caicos, Puerto Rico, Honduras and more, why do cruise ships go to the same places, i would sail Princess again if there was more on offer and different itenaries, they seem to only have Emerald doing 10 day cruises to islands I have been to.

Why not 14 days and why same islands all the time.

Sorry to moan on but surely as a cruiser you want to not go to the same islands all the time

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 07-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Administrator

The same ports are visited most often because of several factors: contracts with the local ports and tour operators, offering the same itinerary because lots of new cruisers want to see those places, some port facilities cannot handle more than one or two ships. Caribbean cruises are marketed more for first timers. Remember that most people have never taken a cruise.

The Caribbean is largely boring to me these days. I cruise there for the warmth and the ship. I'm spending two weeks on the Liberty Of The Seas this coming December and I may not leave the ship at all.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 AM

Does anyone know if the robes are provided in every room on a cruise and also can you buy the robes to take home?

I believe the ones in the room are tagged?

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Holland America puts robes in all staterooms. I do not know the specifics of buying robes on HAL cruises. I do know that on Royal Caribbean and Carnival I've always been able to buy them and I expect HAL is no different.

Tags
2012, 2013, caribbean, carrabran, carribean, cruise, cruises, cruising, ending, feb, february, februsry, line, mid, places, port, reviews