Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and this will be my first cruise ever, so forgive me for my ignorance and hence, a lot of questions...

I have three kids - ages 11, 5 and 2 and 11 months.

I was hoping to get a balcony and an adjoining room that's just oceanview... but they said im too late as if i wanted adjoining rooms, i should have booked at least 6 months in advance.

This is for August 15 -22 cruise from Seattle to Alaska on the Oosterdam..

So, i might get the offer on the suite of $ 1599 each adult and $ 399 each child ( with approval pending for my child less than 3)

But, then I have educated myself on the kids club and found out that they only start taking kids ages 3 and older.

My soon to be 3 year old is actually two weeks shy of his b-day during the cruise and he is toilet trained.

So, i emailed the Oosterdam ship but parents out there who had the same predicament as me.... how strict are they with these age rules?

I mean he will be 3 on September 8???

Also, is Oosterdam kid friendly?

I really don't have much choice with dates.
I only have August, 13, 14 ,15 open .

The ships of choices are the ff:
1. Norweigan
2. Carnival
3. Celebrity
4. HOL Zaandamm
5. Princess

Thanks guys!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Hello Amacasa and welcome to Cruise-Chat. Yes, it is always best to book six months or more in advance when you have special requirements, such as adjoining cabins. Since your child is toilet trained and so close to the age of 3, there should be a good chance of getting approved. The Oosterdam is kid friendly. All the cruise lines you've listed have children's programs. Some may have more activities than others though. Norwegian and Carnival are in the same category of Mass Market cruise line, and are a bit more geared to families. Celebrity, Holland America, and Princess are in the Premium category. Holland America certainly has programs though that will keep your children busy.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, child, children, club, coffee, cruise, free, hal, holland, kids, line, oosterdam, review, reviews, ships