Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 06:28 AM

i am new in your forum and have some questions about ms volendam. is it allowed to bring drinkbottles on board or not? how are the prices for drinks on board?
we never cruised with an american cruiseliner, but we have heard only the best of holland america. sorry for my bad english, come from austria in europe.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Please do not apologize for your English; I speak no Austrian at all.

I have not been on Volendam but I have been on Veendam which is very similar and just slightly smaller. It was one of my best cruise experiences ever. Everything was first class: food, service, entertainment; and not all the hoopla and razzle-dazzle of the giant ships. (I'm not quite sure how "hoopla" and "razzle-dazzle" translate in Austrian, but you get the idea)

You are allowed to bring a bottle of wine or champagne per person; but they were very lax about that. Many people brought several bottles. Just don't overdo it and there will be no problem. Cocktails and wine by the glass started in the $7.00 (U.S.) range and went higher for premium spirits. Wine by the bottle in the dining room starts at about $25.00 and goes as high as you are willing to spend. If you enjoy wine with your meals, there are wine packages you can purchase that will provide you with a nice variety and save you some money.

Sydney to Vancouver sounds like a wonderful itinerary. We hope you will come back and tell us all about your cruise.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:11 PM

You English is fine. We have been on the Volendam, she is a great ship. Great service and great food. I am a not drinker so can not help you out there.
I will be glad to answer any question you might have about the ship.
I am with Rick on this sounds like a great cruise.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 AM

hello from austria. hope you are well and you have had wonderful christmas days. i have just a little question: we booked for our volendam cruise a cabin ff guar., please can you tell me, if there is a window or only a picturewindow?
grettings from cold austria.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Hello from Massachusetts, USA, where it is also cold: -3,3C right now, expected to fall to -11,7C by tonight.

Category FF and higher have a large window that is located on the same wall as the bed. (Some of the lower categories have small porthole windows, but that is not what you booked.)

You can click HERE for a photo of the cabins on Volendam from HAL's Web site. I've found they are pretty accurate.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:03 AM

Here is a photo of the Volendam in Juneau. Thee Ff in the Photo are to the aft botton of the ship. There are a few towards the bow also.
You can see the windows are large as Lisa said. Please note during the evening while boarding the ship you can see in to the cabins. You might want to close your curtains while in port.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, charter, cocktails, cruise, hal, holland, ms, prices, review, reviews, ship, sydney, vancouver, volemdam, volendam