Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I, like G.C., do all the planning, with a little input on the shore excursions. I pretty much ask, "do you want to do this?"; amd the answer determines whether I book for one or for two.

Naw, just kidding--sort of. We do take independent trips on occasion. But I even do the planning for her trips. It's simple--I enjoy it; she dosen't.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hooked-on-HAL:
LOL...........thanks for your understanding.
I am unashamed. I am a cruise-a-holic and planning is part of the fun. Maybe it is a female thing - planning the details so far in advance. I want to get the excursions booked within the next month so I get all of my 1st choices.
Do the married male cruisers on this board take
part in the planning of the details (room
location, wine arrangements, excursions, dinner
service, etc) or do your wives do this?

My husband doesn't do any planning or booking of holidays. Leaves it all to me. I don't mind tho because then I get to book what I want!!
He just pays for it!!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Sounds like a pretty nice arrangement--for you!

Of course if he dosen't want to or like to make arrangements, it works out good for both of you.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:27 AM

Still if he doesn't, "he pays for it." (An expression that can be used a couple of ways.)
Old 07-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Yeah, works out well for both of us. He doesn't do it because I'm so fussy!!

The last time he arranged something was six years ago as a surprise for my 40th birthday. It was to New York. Unfortunately, the trip took place just after 9/11. A very sad time.
Perhaps we will return again one day.

Anyway back to topic. If we have wine at our table and we don't finish bottle, can we take it back to our stateroom to finish. Or is this a no no.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't believe this has ever come up before; but I can't imagine them telling you that you can't take the rest of a bottle of wine that you bought and paid for with you if that is your wish.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 PM

I have never seen a bottle of wine being taken away from the dining room by a passenger. I wouldn't think the management would like uncorked bottles being walked through the ship. Perhaps an unfinished bottle can be delivered to your cabin? That would be great.
What does happen to the unfinished bottles? Is it served as glasses of wine on the next cruise. Surely it does not end up down the drain?

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Not to worry; it certainly does not go down the drain--and it dosen't wind up as glasses on the next cruise.

You bought the wine; it is yours! Usually your waiter puts it in a cabinet with your name on it and serves it to you the next night or nights, until it's gone.

And I have seen people taking unfinished bottles out of the dining room with them--sometimes to the showroom or another lounge. The "management" may not like it but I've never seen anyone challenged. And when you think about it, is there really any difference between walking into the dining room with drinks and walking out of the dining room with drinks?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:04 AM

I'd rather finish it at the table than let it go down the drain!!

Have done it on holiday before. It's nice to sit on balcony, at the end of the evening with a glass of wine, listening to the sea and looking at the night sky.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Banned

I agree Kentishgirl. The only drain that wine would be going down would be mine!

Closed Thread

Tags
amseterdam, arangement, cruiseholic, excursions, shore, wine