Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 01:35 PM

Hey, all! I am new at this... I want to know what is the best way to spend spare cash. I would like many souvenirs for my scrapbooking. Please help. I'm leaving in 38 days!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:27 PM

Hi Kelli. Welcome to cruise-chat. Well, I personally would get a massage, and place a flyer/brochure from the spa in your scrapbook. I know this is an expensive souvenir, but it is an hour of pure bliss. Both of the 2 cruise lines I have been on have had spa specials for the first day. Also, they usually have "port day specials", where the prices are cheaper if you schedule a treatment while the ship is in port. Well, this was the first idea that came to my head when I read your question. Enjoy your cruise, and you souvenir hunting. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-24-2006, 11:59 AM

Thanks, Lil' Lori! Another question: in Cozumel, is it cheaper to see ancient ruins thru the local tour group instead of thru the ship?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:50 PM

Possibly cheaper, but since Cozumel is on an island, and the ruins are on the mainland, you will need to get a ferry ride over. With that extra detail added, and the need to make sure you get back to the ship in time, I'd recommend going on a ship's shore excursion for that.

As far as souvenirs, some great "free" ones are the daily paper you will get, which lists the activities offered that day, a little information about the port you are calling on, and the dress code for dinner that night, among other things. You can fill a scrapbook with just those!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:28 AM

My onboard account card (which is often your key too) is my favorite souvenir. It usually has a picture of the ship, date you sailed, and table number. I also save some luggage tags, and the small map of the ship. There usually is a postcard in your room also.

Closed Thread