Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned

Kep us posted on that.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
did you see his (hear the heavy exhales and horse sounds in between tears)farewell? It's a game.
It's more than a game to him! It's the end of a career that he loved. He has more heart than you and I will ever have. "It's a game." how shallow can that statement be?

Sonny
Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 AM

Oooh. I thought this was supposed to be a friendly place. It feels not so good when a moderator calls me shallow. Did I I hit a nerve. I really didn't mean to do THAT.

I 'm not so shallow to understand it's more than a game to him. After all, he was the most valuable player of the National Felon League. I don't have a problem with him being sad that his playing days are over. It's sad watching a grown man cry and blubber over a game, though. It's not like he just took a bullet in Baghdad or leaving a career in educating young minds, or leaving the pit of the Boston Philharmonic, or the medical laboratory where he was inches of finding a cure for AIDS, or some other socially redeeming career. It's football, man. A game played by behemoths where the object is to maim your opponent. you know, just a step up from WWF. Don't get me wrong; I like a good tackle and touchdown pass and run as much as the next bloke, but in the big picture, football (and any other sport) is pretty insignificant.

Maybe I should have said something about putting it in perspective.

I am soory.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I thought this was supposed to be a friendly place.
Lighten up, grizz. I don't see where Sonny called you shallow. Your statement was questioned as being shallow, not you.

As for the comparative merits of a bassoonist to an NFL quarterback - I'll take the quarterback. You obviously have some issues with the NFL. But please don't dump on someone because they happen to like pro football, or dismiss the emotion of someone who played the game with so much passion.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

I'm making a note of the fact that we are not to form an opinion on emotions. Got it.

I have read the rules a coupe of times and I want to make sure that I comply. I am making a side addendum for my own use of rules that are broiught out in reglar conversation.

Thank you.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm making a note of the fact that we are not to form an opinion on emotions.
I didn't say that. But when that opinion spills over into a speech on the virtues on job X to job Y, then it gets into tedium and I hate tedium.

This started out as a fun thread but now it isn't. Thanks a bunch!

Closed Thread

Tags
bird, favre, rain