Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:19 PM

It's a sad day in Wisconsin, Brett Favre retires from the Packers. With the way he played the game, the fun he had doing it, all his records and not missing a game in 17 years, he has to be know as one of, if not the Greatest Quarterback to ever play the game. What do you think?

Rainbird
Summit Feb 2002
Star Princess Jan 2007
Carribbean Princess Jan 2007
Emerald Princess Jan 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 PM

In answer to your question...yes! It's exactly what you say, he brought fun. I feel lucky to have been a Packer fan for his era. I am very sad even though I'm a ways from Wisconsin, now.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM

Favre was great, but for pure excitement, watching John Elway, first in college, then with the Broncos, is one of my picks. Not a 49-whiner fan, but #16 out in frisco needs some votes for pure clutch.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:47 AM
Banned

Montana is the "Ali" of quarterbacks for his all around game and presecence on the feeld. But Fav-ray is right up ther3e.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 AM

I would think Brett would be "right up there" … he's broken every record in football!

"Favre was great, but for pure excitement,…". Give me a break; there's no but's about it—let's give credit were credit is do here!

"Brett Favre:Greatest Quarterback ever?" Does there really need to be a question mark?

Sonny
Old 03-05-2008, 08:03 AM

Not every record, but close. I know all of Wisconsin is in mourning. I think he was wise going out on top. I know he wanted to win one more superbowl, but he had a great career! I just cannot imagine being able to retire at 38. I'm sure he'll make a ton more money with endorsements and will probably become a commentator this season or next. He was fun to watch and the Packers won't be the same without him.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM

I don't know about him ever becoming a commentator…with that southern drawl and all…

Sonny
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

What is a "southern drawl" to a southerner?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
I would think Brett would be "right up there" … he's broken every record in football!

"Favre was great, but for pure excitement,…". Give me a break; there's no but's about it—let's give credit were credit is do here!

"Brett Favre:Greatest Quarterback ever?" Does there really need to be a question mark?

Sonny
Now, now, let's not let our heart get in the way of our brain. Absolutely, Favre is a hall of famer, a career with numbers and great suucess; but, let's not just look at the records he set. By many in the sports world, true success is measured in championships. Let's look at the rings-Montana 4, Elway 2 (one of Elway's wins was against the Pack and Brett), Bradshaw-4 Favre, uh, 1. Super Bowl apprearances: Favre-2, not bad. Montana-4; Bradshaw-4, Elway 5 (and three of those were with a god awful supporting cast). But rings don't mean everything, either. After all, Jim Plunkett has 2 and so does Roger Stabauch.

I really don't want to argue with anybody, and maybe Favre is the best ever, but it is not an open and shut case. It's what makes sports so fun, the opinions we all have!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvVSp523-pY
For the Wisconsinites who are sad about Favre hanging up the shoulder pads. A song to touch your heart.

Or should it be this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi8X_VpsZbI

Closed Thread

Tags
bird, favre, rain