Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm about to join my mentors Dave, Sonny and Rick as a cruise guru. That's pretty cool! Just wanted to say thanks for tolerating me, I've enjoyed being part of Cruise-Chat family and look forward to becoming a "has been" next. How many posts before I get that status?

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Neil,

It is we who say thanks! Your participation and great advice have helped make this forum a better place, and we appreciate it!

Maybe we'll look at the "ranks" sometime and see if we can add another level, although "has been" won't be considered as a name for it.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Neil, like Dave, it is we who thank you!

I can tell you now, I was a little resentful at first; who is this new kid in town, all over the place, with all the right answers? Egos can be terrible. But once I got past mine, I realized what a great guy you are. No hidden agenda; no ulterior motive; just a guy who happens to be in the business and has a passion for cruising and love for people, and for helping people, that shines through in every post.

So congratulations, "new guru"; and I look forward to becoming "has beens" together.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 AM

Congrats Neil! It is I too that thanks you for all the great advice and many many helpful posts. I have learned a great deal from you, and yes my friend you make this forum a better place.

Dwayne
Old 11-10-2007, 12:38 PM

Wow, thanks for the kind words from all. I love you guys! I know, I know... I'm still not getting your Bud Light.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Well done, have always found your posts interesting & informative......and I particularly like the way that you are always honest and upfront with your posts, being more interested in giving a balanced answer to questions.

So I look forward to seeing more of your posts but now with the status of " guru "

regards jack
Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey jack2007, congratulations to you too; I see you've passed the "200" mark.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
Wow, thanks for the kind words from all. I love you guys! I know, I know... I'm still not getting your Bud Light.

Cheers, Neil
Make it a Coors Light and a Slaw Dog from the Bluegrass.

Seriously, to echo Jack..Well Done!

Dwayne
Old 11-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Dwayne, I forgot you have a friend in my hometown. I'm missing the mountains, changing of the leaves and even winter and snow. As much as I love cruising, I'm gonna have to plan a trip soon back to KY. There is a lake in central KY called Lake Cumberland, beautiful place. Learned to water ski there and caught my first fish there. I can still vacation there on the water too. Think I'll check into renting a houseboat and revisit the footsteps of my youth in the near future.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Yeah, My best friend still has his Mom and Sister up in Ashland. I miss the mountains this time of year too, but just got back from vacation. May plan a trip up that way in early spring. I grew up in Grundy, Va. just a few miles from the Ky. line and about 40 miles from Pikeville. Have lived on flat land now for almost 25 years, so everytime I go back now the roads flip me out. We don't have any roads here that have signs that say "Watch for fallen rocks"

Dwayne

Closed Thread