Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 PM

Root Ball? care to expand?

beer pong is the game for me - i assume most people know what that is? my house in college was known for our beer pong games games (including a few special rules that we added)

ill have the try the genesee cream ale - as dave mentions, around here the regular genesee has a reputation for being garbage (something to buy when you have no money)....doubt ill be able to find the cream ale on tap, though
Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Right out of high school - the drinking age was 18 then - a couple of the local bars had Genny on tap for 20 cents a glass ... cheap cheap gas and cheap beer - It's scary now when I think of it, but it was great times then....
Old 10-30-2008, 03:27 PM

The only times that I have had the misfortune of drinking Genny is while visiting my wife's family in North Cambria, PA. They wake up and have Genny with their breakfast and they go to bed with a Genny on the night table. My wife and I found a bar in Nicktown, PA, that serves large glasses of port wine for $1. The last time that we were there, we played pool for hours, drank much wine and only spent $20. Of course, I had to carry her out like a 50 pound sack of potatoes slung over my shoulder.
Mike, you were asking about "rootball". Just go to root bar
Old 10-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator

In the 60's my father could get Genny on tap at the corner bar for a dime a glass. Other cheap bar swill of the time included Utica Club and Piels. The only thing Utica Club had going for it was their TV commercials with the talking beer mugs, Shultz and Dooley. It was very good advertising for the time. Their beer still sucked.

I remember when I enlisted in the Marine Corps on the delay program when I was still a high school senior and 17. The Marine recruiter took me out to a bar by his office to celebrate and he vouched for my age. He then proceeded to buy me many, many glasses of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Pabst could be very good on tap, but I was soon a babbling idiot. As good as Pabst tastes on tap, it also can deliver a hangover of uniquely vicious proportions.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Mike, the guinness at the Dublin brewery only tasted better because it was free

In Europe the Czech beer is considered to be the best when it comes to lager.

I love the Samuel Adams beer as well, and I think the well known regular Bud is ok too.

Lately I have cut down on my beer drinking and prefer red wine instead as it's healthier (I believe)

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-31-2008, 08:56 AM

good point - free beer is always the best kind!

ive also heard great things about czech beer - there is a beer garden in Astoria (Queens) that i've been too that has a decent selection of czech beer - as well as some great german food....ill have to go back, because unfortunatly last time i didnt not get to try either (though the oktober fest was very good)

and a quick story about Bud (not sure if its 100% true, but the guy had no reason to lie to me) - when i worked in England, we had a very diverse group of people, including a few from Saudi Arabia...from what i was told, alcohol is illegal there (or at east very hard to get, due to the Muslim population), and my friend, who loved Bud, would occasionally pay $400 for a case of it (black market for beer i guess)...while on our English campus, he drank ALL the Bud the bar had within 7 weeks...literally - they had to make a new order, everyone had had to drink something else till it arrived (not that most minded that)
Old 11-09-2008, 02:40 PM

Anyone tried the MGD 64? I normally drink Coors Light and it has 102 calories. I may give it a sample. Did anyone hear about them stopping making Amstel on Curacao? Seems like I read something to that affect. Had a great Amstel Bright there once.

Dwayne
Old 11-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Anyone tried the MGD 64?
It isn't bad. It helps if it is a hot summer afternoon and you just finished mowing the lawn.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
It isn't bad. It helps if it is a hot summer afternoon and you just finished mowing the lawn.
That doesn't sound too encouraging. I'll wait until they have free samples.

Dwayne
Old 11-10-2008, 11:55 AM

yeah, ive got to say that it sounds terrible .....coors light is bad enough, i cant see enjoying something that is further watered down

if anyone wants to see the amount of calories, carbs, and alcohol in some popular beers, look here...you can switch between US beers and imports on the left

Closed Thread

Tags
12, ale, amstel, beer, cruise, drinking, genesee, gout, horse, light, moosehead, preference, smithwicks, tastes