Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 11:10 AM

I love new gadgets and gizmos even though I'm not very tech knowledgable. I just found the coolest little laptop I've ever seen and immediately thought about how convenient it would be for traveling. It's 7" and just 2 lbs. but seems to do everything a full size one will. Best of all its cheap. This thing is called Asus Eee PC. They make a 2GB and a 4GB model. Do a search and check this thing out, I gotta have one.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Well I went to do as you advised and got onto the " eee " website. Websites like this really annoy me as when I go to use the green back button it won't let me escape from the site.The only way out is to click on the red cross but that means I lost my original google page.
Why these companies set up their sites so you can't just reverse out, I just don't know but its not a good way to attract a new possible customer....or maybe its just my computer. Is it the same for anyone else ?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The only way out is to click on the red cross but that means I lost my original google page.
Why not open your history and click on the original google page instead of closing the browser window?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks Dave, I guess I should have done that but I was so blooming annoyed with the site (trying to reverse out ) and only having limited computer experience, I didn't think of that as a solution.

But did you find it ok to use the green back arrow ?

Neil, looks very good at a really great price but my main concern would be the low level resolution screen which according to the review I looked at means as it has an 800 pixel width & many websites default to 1024 pixels wide, the whole website wouldn't fit onto the screen. But it does seem to be very good value.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 AM

Thanks Jack, I hadn't seen the resolution issue. I shop at one of the online discounters and they have a video of the little thing in action. It caught my interest and I didn't look too carefully at the specs. Actually I don't need another laptop, I have two right now. I just thought it looked like a great gadget at a great price. I may have to reconsider now.

Thanks again, Neil
Old 05-26-2008, 09:34 AM

About 10 years ago I owned a Toshiba Libretto, which fit into my purse and weighed under 2 pounds. Had a 3.2G hard drive, and was perfect for traveling when I just needed it for email, word processing and web access.

It lasted 5 years, when the screen blacked out, and it was not economically feasible to fix it. I loved it while it lasted.

Sandy
Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Let's not forget the Mac Book Air
Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
I want one too!!!

We bought an HP IPAQ thinking it would do the trick but it is a pain to use for mail.
I have a Toshiba Notebook but by the time you get all the cables etc in the case you are weighted down
The EEE PC looks like a good thing

Anyone get it yet??
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Let's not forget the Mac Book Air
That is what it was designed for - travel. I'd certainly consider the Air but the price is a little high. Personally, I carry a regular MacBook and have no complaints.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:29 PM

I would need one that has a good enough video card to support games—that would probably cost more than I could afford. Today I heard that iphone is coming out with a new/better model. Maybe that would be an alternative...

Sonny

Closed Thread