Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Absolutely! Mollie starts moping around as soon as the luggage comes out of the closet. We have also had cats over the years that love to curl up in any suitcase left open.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 PM

All of our cats react. However Boomer is very vocal about it. he really lets us know that we should not be leaving.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
We're heading out tomorrow happy dance and that dog of mine has been watching me pack, and she doesn't like it one bit.
She's whining like poodle! It amazing what they know. Does everyone's pet get extra clingy as they're heading out?
They know when something doesn't feel right to them. Sampson (Cat) turns his back to me in protest when he thinks I'm leaving for awhile. For cats I try to wind down attention a few days ahead and don't over do the good-byes. That isn't going to work with dogs though. And especially a Lab. They are extra smart and loyal. They know the minute anything is out of the ordinary.

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise! I am sure Holly will be alright. You'll get some hind quarter and tail wagging when you get back.

Bon Voyage

Dwayne
Old 04-17-2009, 02:05 AM

I dont know how to post pictures so yall cant see my beloved Vern. He is a 25 lb, Maine Coon Cat. I thought he was just a mixed breed until watching animal planet one day and they did a show on cats and there was Vern when they showed the Coon cat.
anyway I started a journal about Vern several yrs ago because he is just so darn funny and fully of personality. Here is a few stories of Vern...Enjoy

I knew it would happen sooner or later, Jim and I sleeping in seperate beds. We had 3 sons born in 3 years and I never got kicked out of the bed so I figured we were not gonna have to get seperate beds anytime soon. Then we got Vern. Last night I went to the bedroom to go to bed. Vern was already stretched out in the bed. Jim was sleeping in a normal sleeping position and Vern was sleeping sideways in the bed. Vern is a very large cat, his feet were touching Jims back and his front paws were dangling off of the side of the bed. I whispered to him he had to move I was getting in bed. He just yawned, stretched out longer and looked at me as to say "I am sleeping with dad, where are you sleeping". I figured I would just gently get in the bed and squeese in between Verns back legs and cuddly up to Jim. Vern would soon get the message. It didnt work. I got one leg down beside Jim and tried to scoot Vern away a bit so I could get the other leg in. I think Vern was super glued to the bed. He never moved. So now I have one leg beside Jim and one legs pulled up to my chest. I am trying to figure out how to get Vern off my side of the bed without waking Jim and without Vern biting me. The leg that is pulled up to my chest is starting to cramp. I push on Vern trying to get him to move. It didnt work. The stand off lasted about 15 minutes. Vern finally got up, walked over my one stretched out leg lays down beside Jim. While I am trying to rub the cramp out of my leg Jim wakes up and tells me to scoot over Vern needs some more room....I made up the guest room with fresh sheets. I know where I am sleeping tonight.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 AM

Macmom, that was precious. We now know who the boss in the house is. One of the strays that has adopted us has also adopted my husband's recliner. Honestly, my husband can sit on top of him and he won't budge. So, Ron gives up and sits on the couch until the cat decides he's ready to move.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 PM

Macmom, that is so funny and exactly how stubborn they can be about claiming their space. I won't mention how they do it when you have 2 males in the house. I didn't mind Bud that lived for 18 years sleeping in the bed as he was a short haired cat and didn't shed much. Sampson is a walking fur factory though and wants to sleep by my head for some reason. My only cat non-staked area is between my desk and a table with my printer and fax machine. I have a large chair mat between the two and accidentally rolled over his tail a few times with my chair when he was younger. He will not step one paw on that mat now. Other than that he has free reign except the kitchen counters. I had to give him a stern talking to once for jumping up there and eating my tuna sandwich. I only left it for a minute to answer the phone.

Dwayne
Old 04-18-2009, 07:20 AM

another Vern story...enjoy

I ran into an old friend from high school. We shared a few pleasantries. Her Children were grown and out of the house, my children are grown and out of the house. Cindy went on to tell me that it was just her and Cliff, and their cat Tabby. Surprised I told her yes that is how it is at our house. We have vern...then the conversation turned a bit ugly.

Yes its just us and Tabby, and he has brought such joy to our lives in our older age...Cindy claimed.

Wow its the same at our house. only ours is vern. we love him.

Yes Tabby is a round 23 pounds Cindy said with a chuckle.

Vern is a sleek 21 pounds, very healthy, robust 4 yr old. I stand a bit straighter with this statement.

Tabs as they prefer to call him is a beautiful short haired grey and white cat. Cindy exclaimed.

Vern is a gorgeous flaming orange long haired cat. His beautiful mane flows in the wind as he prances around the house...I am glad Vern wasnt a short haired grey and white cat, that reminds me of a little old man with a butch hair cut, I replied while raising my left eyebrow...But I know you still love Tubs ah I mean Tabs.

Cindy went on to explain how she had rescued Tubby from the underpending of a mobile home. (just as I suspected... Tubby is nothing but trailer trash). I would bet that old tubbys mom slept with every Tom in the neighbor hood. I also suspected that Tubbos mom was not very educated either. I mean who in the world would choose the underbelly of a trailer to give birth...

I quietly told Cindy of Verns tragic beginnings. Of how his mom had died heroicly saving Vern from a fire. His mom had choosen a customize Yacht building company to give birth. I preceeded to tell Cindy how I believe that Verns wonderful mother must have know her days were short and wanted Vern to enjoy the finer things in life...I pushed my left shoulder forward as to say...Top that, you witch. I also told that I had explained it to Vern, told him to be proud of his mom, she didnt abandon him, she died loving him. My eyebrows are starting to arch now.

Cindys phone rang giving her a much welcome reprieve...

That was the groomer Tabs is ready and I need to be home when he arrives. He hates the pet carrier so we get a car service to pick him up and deliver him. She said with dead eyes.

Oh I know exactly how you feel, Vern hates it too. But we have the groomer come to the house. He gets motion sickness you know. But I understand that the more Common cats never have a problem.....

My phone jingled in my pocket. Excuse me I must answer the phone.

I need to run too, that was Verns soccer coach, its is first practice tonight, he gets to meet his other teammates.
we believe it is good for Vern to socialize with a group of his own age so we signed him up for a under six soccer team.
I am planning on being team mom if they need one. I thought it would be a good example to set for Vern, you know Community service makes you well rounded (I didnt tell cindy but I personally think they let the teams moms player play more and thats why I did it).

It was wonderfully seeing you. Maybe we can do lunch sometimes (in your dreams) and tell el tubbo, Vern said meow.....

Closed Thread