Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 PM

We went to Yosemite today. Was disappointed with the color. It just wasn't there. there were more people than I planned on also.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:43 AM

GREAT photos, Gary. Thanks for posting them. Colors or not, the mountains are magnificent. I've been there twice (is that Bridal Veil Falls I recognize?) but the last time was maybe 34 years ago.

Sandy
Old 11-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Gary, you may have been disappointed--it does look like a gray day--but the photos are awesome nonetheless. And not just the clarity and detail, but the composition as well. Great!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:23 PM

Thanks rich and Sandy.

I tired a new software. It does HDR. It combines multi photos into one. Something photoshop does not do without a plug in.
Taking a photo on a day like yesterday is hard because the sky just washes out. With HDR what you do is take a few photos from the same spot, (tripod is best). The first one I took was exposed for the sky, so you could not see anything on the ground. Next just take an average photo, last take one exposed for the ground, that will really wash out the sky. When you run it thru the software it takes the best of all photos and makes one.
Here is the one of the sky, and another photo used, and the final product. what do you think.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:10 PM
I think we live in a marvelous age; and I think you are a genius for being able to figure out how to use that stuff. I'm still struggling with my first digital camera. At this rate, I'm never gonna' catch up!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Absolutely stunning, Gary! Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us. Autumn is my favorite season -- and I think you just showed everyone why.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:30 PM

Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures Gary!

I hope to see it in person one day.

Dwayne
Old 11-10-2008, 12:36 PM

Those photos are beautiful and I think that software is fantastic. I am not an Adobe products fan, their software is too squirrely. They have good ideas, but poorly written software. We have so many calls about their products daily. Wish I had time to learn all of the photography software. I would love to have pictures like that.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Those photos are beautiful and I think that software is fantastic. I am not an Adobe products fan, their software is too squirrely. They have good ideas, but poorly written software. We have so many calls about their products daily. Wish I had time to learn all of the photography software. I would love to have pictures like that.
Thanks for the kind words all!!
Penny this software is not Adobe. while I use some of their products, I do have issues with them. I love it when their Tech support tells me that some other software is conflicting with them. I guess it is never their fault.

Thanks again everyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
gary, joslin, photos, yosemite