Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 05:13 PM

spent 2 weeks in florida recently and got used to shopping in the states. Being that we live in canada we can not get alot of stuff that americans get. I would love to get my hands on the pumpkin spiced kashi bars and some of the white macadamia brent and sams cookies. Any suggestions. I am coming to florida again for a day before we cruise in lauderdale and if i can find a grocery store i will fill my suitcase up

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 PM

test

Old 02-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Administrator

I'm surprised you can't find these things given the NAFTA treaty. Have you looked on-line for these items? I often buy things not available locally on-line. For instance, I like birch beer but it is not sold much around the south. So I end up buying it by the case from internet sites.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:20 PM

we dont have near as much as you guys have. I can spend hours in the grocery store when i am in florida i just luv it. I tried to order from amazon and it wont ship to canada. I guess i will be making a trip to buffalo. Or i will have to bring an empty suitcase and shop in florida!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 AM

When my sister in law came over from Germany a few years ago she couldn't believe the number of choices and the sizes in our grocery stores, not to mention the size of the store itself.

kamper, we have a lot of our nothern friends that come down to do their marketing in our town (I'm about 8 minutes south of the border). Shopping in Buffalo wouldn't be as nice as shopping in Florida, but you don't have to pay for the extra bag.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:00 AM

Well, I guess it's a trade off of sorts... Kamper can buy real Cuban cigars and we can buy Sams cookies. Dave mentioned NAFTA and you would think that treaty was all-inclusive but, when it comes to cyberspace, there are limitations. That being said, I am going shopping at Whole Foods today. Where else can you get someone else to push your shopping cart, buy the absolute freshest ahi tuna and Kobe beef, eat prime rib at their deli with two or more glasses of merlot, buy the most exotic cheeses, and pour your selected peanuts into a machine that makes them into peanut butter right before your eyes. Ahhhh.... grocery shopping is great.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:07 AM

your new Mr. President will hopefully change that you americans can go to Cuba.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM

your Whole Foods sounds great - i just moved near one, and really like it (except the prices), but we dont seem to have all those things you mentioned....or maybe i need to explore it more....they DO have lots of good samples, though

def didnt see any personal shopping cart pushers....and do they have "kobe-style" beef, or the genuine stuff? big difference
Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Administrator

There have been rumors for a while about Whole Foods opening a store in Huntsville, but recently they said the rumors were not true.

I'm happy that we finally got a Publix in Athens.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 AM

Publix?

Closed Thread

Tags
publix, sell, shanks, veal