Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Like the events of Michael's entire life....... this whole thing is a bit bizarre! In death his estate may yield events more unique than occurred during his lifetime!! I am sure he is observing all this from where his spirit has gone, he's smiling and doing his moonwalk all the while! May he rest in peace!

BillyBuzzy
Old 07-04-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
I was studying to become a funeral director (sort of reverse nursing) and had to come up with a business plan related to the industry. I thought there should be a funeral channel...kinda like court TV. They could show reruns of princess Diana, JFK, etc. Infomercials of preplanning, grief counseling and special live footage on occaisions such as these. Boy would I like to be signing that contract right now!
Marsha, sounds like a good business plan to me. I use to watch some reality type show about a funeral home, I don't recall the name. My uncle owns a funeral home, and my cousin is the funeral director. In all honesty the whole thing creeps me out. My uncle gave me a tour of the facility several years ago, including "the room". Not for me.

This get's more bizarre by the day. It's been over a week now, so I don't have any problem with us discussing the craziness surrounding this event.

I do hope he finally rests in peace.

Dwayne
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 PM

I feel sorry for his children. It seems very strange to me that he would want his mother to take care of them and not his ex-wife. He totally wrote his father out of the will. How much are they charging for tickets?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:04 PM

The tickets were free, but I think 1.6 million people applied online for about 9,000 tickets. MJ may be buried today, ahead of the memorial tomorrow.

One guy who won two tickets is trying to sell them on eBay for $15,000.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Anyone watching the memorial service? It's a shame to say this, but a valid answer is "no, I'll wait for it to come out on DVD".
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM
I will never understand the desire for fame. No privacy, everyone wants a piece of you. Every relatioship is suspect, because you never know which 'you' they want to be close to. Then they turn to drugs to find the peace and solace they had before they were famous.
My idea of making it big is being able to cruise in a suite by my 50th birthday.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 07-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Administrator

I ended up watching the memorial and I have to admit it was nicely done. His little daughter saying a few words at the end was very poignant.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 PM

I agree the service was done very nicely.there were a few people speaking that i thought were there for the attention and not for his memory, but over all I thought it was nice. I cant say I like the man as he got older but I certainly liked his music.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:27 AM

Dave, it was hard to find something other than the service on TV. They had a feed in the library at work yesterday. Although, I didn't get a chance to see much. On the news this morning they said that LA county was $4million dollars in the hole from the event due to the extra security. That's some security. The coffin might not have even contained his body. They said something about spreading his ashes over Neverland. It's still sad, he was a son, a brother, and a father who will be missed.

Poormom, I hope you get your wish. Maybe my hubby will kick in a few bucks for my 60th and we could get a suite. I know that's really wishful thinking. Heck, he's forgotten my birthday the last 3 years.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 AM

I actually was surprised it was as nice as it was considering the late time of preparations. I know what you mean by a few self serving speakers. It was cute when Janet whispered to Paris when she was fidgeting when they were on stage. She was probably very nervous speaking in public. It couldn't be easy going from being veiled to speaking in public on the most likely largest viewed event in history at that age.

I thought Brooke Shield's words were very genuine, and explained a lot.

Dwayne

Closed Thread