Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM

Michael Jackson was just pronounced dead in La. This has been a sad day losing two celebrities. It doesn't matter if you were a fan or not of either Michael or Farrah, it is sad for both of them to lose their lives so young.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
In spite of his increasingly bizarre behavior, he was one of the most exciting performers and made some of the best records and videos of his generation. "Thriller" will stand as one of the best pop albums of all time. Michael, you are at peace at last.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 PM

This has indeed been a sad and shocking day. I couldn't believe the news when it first came on. Very well said Jan and Rick. Rest in peace Michael. Your music will live forever.

Dwayne
Old 06-25-2009, 05:49 PM

Gosh, I certainly loved his music. He was just a kid singer when I was a teenager and his music was such a part of my teen yrs. I think most people my age are taking a stroll down memory lane tonight.
He was a very troubled man, but I think he was handling things the only way he knew how. His music will remain but may the man finally have some peace. REST IN PEACE
Old 06-26-2009, 08:13 AM

It has been a horrible week for the entertainment industry. Some people believed Michael was evil, I always believed he never had a childhood and was just trying to have one by befriending and helping children. I might have been wrong and he may have been a monster, but he sure was talented. He was "used" by his parents, but he became a huge celebrity. Billy Jean, Beat It, Thriller, and even the days of the Jackson5-I'll be There, etc. Great music to have grown up with.

I pray he's finally at peace, too.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:10 AM

Well, the news media sure didn't waste any time speculating about everything. Good Lawd! He hasn't even been laid to rest yet. Let the Family and Fans grieve for goodness sake. I guess common decency is out the window now a days in a quest for ratings and sensationalism. I guess it was to be expected though in his case. I think it's a sad day for what used to be called journalism though.

Dwayne
Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Amen, Dwayne!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:51 AM

I tried to get a ticket for the memorial. Staples' site came to a stand still within seconds of the announcement.

Dwayne
Old 07-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Now they are going to give a live video feed of the funeral to all TV networks.

It's beyond crazy now.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:33 PM
I was studying to become a funeral director (sort of reverse nursing) and had to come up with a business plan related to the industry. I thought there should be a funeral channel...kinda like court TV. They could show reruns of princess Diana, JFK, etc. Infomercials of preplanning, grief counseling and special live footage on occaisions such as these. Boy would I like to be signing that contract right now!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread