Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocruiser:
Gee, Dewayne, those Ocean Turbidity pictures look like my wife's last mammogram. No kidding!
This is Not funny! If you want to make really stupid comments like this; PM the person.

Sonny

Old 08-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

Wasn't meant to be funny; if was meant to be funny, I would have followed the comment with a

Some of us deal with these issues differently. It was an observation; YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ON THIS ONE, PAL. I would suggest, your shoot from the hip judgment was not only wrong, but terribly insensitive. Thank you very much.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Rocky Mountain National Park, Fall River Road, well above the treeline. A summer electrical storm came in late in the day/early evening. On a one lane, dirt road with sheer drops on either side. The electrical storm was right on top of us (we were in a Toyota Corolla); I was truly afraid we were going to be hit by lightening and knocked off the mountain. We could see lightening hitting the ground around us.

When we left Estes Park to to head up the road, a road that was all of nine miles, it was clear and not a cloud in the sky. We couldn't see the storm coming in because of the mountains and tree canopy, as we headed up the trail.

Won't do that again.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocruiser:
Wasn't meant to be funny; if was meant to be funny, I would have followed the comment with a

Some of us deal with these issues differently. It was an observation; YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ON THIS ONE, PAL. I would suggest, your shoot from the hip judgment was not only wrong, but terribly insensitive. Thank you very much.
I didn't say you meant to be funny, I said it was a stupid comment; PAL.

Sonny

Old 08-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Let's see... there was the crazy Alabama blizzard of 1993. (Believe me, the only blizzards that Alabamians know of come from Dairy Queen.)
Imagine your surprise if a tornado just sprung up out of nowhere... watch this video.Tornado!!
Actually, that is a sand-storm a.k.a. Dust Devil. They are more common in the dessert, but I guess can happen anywhere. That particular Dust Devil really looked more powerful and impressive than most. I suppose this happened somewhere in Japan, judging from the language I saw and heard on the video.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:23 PM

I don't think it very kindly to be calling people "stupid" on this site. Isn't there some kind of language in the rules about personal attacks?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
I don't think it very kindly to be calling people "stupid" on this site. Isn't there some kind of language in the rules about personal attacks?
Everyone knows psychocruiser in a very intelligent person. READ what I said again. I didn't call him stupid, I said he made a stupid comment. And now you're insinuating I launched a personal attack? I'd like to know if anyone else would agree with you.

Sonny

Old 08-26-2007, 09:52 PM

I would too! I think there would be a better way to handle the whole issue without you getting angry about it. I invite comment on this.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned

People 'round here don't take too kindly to people who ain't from around here making fun of people who ain't from around here.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:50 AM

I've been away for a while but my, my. I didn't find Psycho's post to be stupid or in bad taste. I think he is an honest guy who says what he is thinking. I can truly relate.

I agree with Suzy and with Chef. Someone needs to take themselves a little less seriously!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cruise, crusie, ship, storm, thur, worst