Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Mike, your question about income of T/A's can vary greatly. In a mass volume market like some of the internet agencies it can provide a very comfortable living. Right now the top four agents at at the agency I work for have booked in excess of $2m YTD. In commissions alone that's around $75k right now. With bonuses it is possible for all four of these agents to make in excess $200k this year. Most agents, even in the mass production environment make substantially less than that. If you're looking to get into the industry, there is a way to do it with little to no experience in travel. I sold Custom Homes before I started here and had no experience in the industry at all. Their training is very good and the company I work for hires on average 100 or so new agents every year. They actually prefer a sales background to travel background. For some reason those with sales background seem to do far better. I now work from my home and set my own hours and make a comfortable living. One of the best decisions I ever made was to take a chance on a new career and try this.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 AM

Thanks for all the info, interesting stuff. I haven't seriously considered it, but from what I hear it sounds like something I would like. I have no real plans of leaving my current job - they pay me well, gave me tons of great training, sent me to London for a few months, and just treat me very well overall - but it is not the job I pictured myself doing, nor do I have a passion for it. But it's my first job, so its all about gaining experience for now.

Maybe in the future I will do a bit more research into becoming a TA.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I thought I saw you at the Rolls-Royce dealer last Saturday?
Ha..right, Dave, but I was there selling them an incentive cruise for their sales people.

You looked great in the convertible!

Sandy

Closed Thread