Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 09:59 AM

We have one cruise under our belt this year and are planning another for April... This has been a funny winter in the deep South. We have had 6 inches of snow in Birmingham and now they are allowing the Alabama football team in the White House. There are strange occurrences afoot.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:34 PM

The last two days here have been a taste of Spring Finally! Ready to get my pepper patch going.

Dwayne
Old 03-10-2010, 09:02 AM

I'm ready, but I know good and well we're going to get more freezes. I did plant my onions, though.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:12 AM

We are having horrific thunderstorms here. My weather radio started going off at 2am and didn't stop until 4. Well, I left home at 5, so it might be going off again. Sharp, sharp lightening, hail, really heavy rain and wind.

I wonder if there is any place besides south Florida where you can go from winter to spring without horrible weather? Every year, it's tornadoes, hail, high wind, torrential downpours, floods, and freezes. It would be so wonderful to have some gentle rains, gradual warming, trees/grass blooming, birds singing, and sunshine. Oh well, I can dream
Old 03-12-2010, 09:51 AM

I saw that mess going across. Hope you don't get any damage or flooding. I think Florida is getting some too.

Dwayne
Old 03-13-2010, 10:02 AM

When we cruise in April (as that is when we have spring break) we are always wondering if we will get a hugh wet snow storm and if we will get out (even though we go 1 or 2 days early)and then many times have to go through Atlanta and we all know that they experience the high wind and thuderstorms at that time of year. I guess we all have different winter to spring concerns. Lets hope it gets better soon for all. Been a crazy winter/spring for us all.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-13-2010, 10:16 PM

I sure hope the cold and possibility of snow has left the Southeast US. It snowed once here in March though about 27 years ago.

Dwayne
Old 03-15-2010, 12:04 PM

I sure hope all of our east coast members made it through that mess this weekend without any damage. Golly, that was so very scary. It's been dismal here for over a week, it would be so nice to see some sun.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:07 PM

It looked like the Boston area was getting hammered with rain and wind. Just partly cloudy here. A friend gave me a "grow light" for my pepper seeds. I was afraid to ask what he previously used it for.

A few Spring Breakers here at the beach. No where near near as many as normal for this time of year. Probably as much to do with the economy as the weather. It's fun to see them having fun and wearing shorts when most of us are still wearing long pants.

Dwayne
Old 03-31-2010, 09:11 AM

Well, its been a couple of weeks without a post regarding the weather, so here goes...Tornadoes
in the South and flooding on the East Coast. It does appear that we will all enjoy great weather over the next few days and into Easter weekend. I know in the East many, many have been flooded out for the second time in two weeks and the rivers are running fast and furious.Mother Nature at her ugliest.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
2011, 30, august, blizzard, cruise, england, generators, pictures, powered, radar, reviews, snow, tornado, vbulletin, weather, wind