Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 07:10 AM

Yes Lisa, north of you is the great State of Maine ! We have had several storms and plenty of snow on the ground that is here to stay. Yup, got up this am and seems we will, perhaps get a dusting to 2 inches; I can handle that. The last one was wet and the plows were by after we went to bed and because the end of the storm went over to rain, it froze up over night and was a pain to deal with at the end of the driveway. Oh well, we expect it up here.
Friends of ours out towards the Cape will have a tough go of it I think..Watch the shoveling its something many are not used to doing.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-20-2009, 04:25 PM
We have some snow & pretty cold weather this side of the pond.4 Eurostar trains, (thats the fast ones that go through the channel tunnel to Paris ) got stuck in the tunnel for several hours trapping nearly 2000 passengers due to not being able to cope with the cold.

I feel sorry for those trying to fly out of New York. 800 flights cancelled. If they were flying out to go on a cruise then they may have missed the ships departure even if they have tried to leave a day early.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:44 PM

Well in the Princeton, NJ area in my development, I would guess we got right around a foot when all said and done. My dad and I just paced ourselves shoveling this morning, and got it done in about 2 hours.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 12-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Here on Cape Cod...where it never snows, I FINALLY have gotten my car back up my hill of a driveway after 48 hours. We probably have two feet of snow. It's higher than my poor puppy's back!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, the joys of living in the desert . . . although we are expecting rain and maybe a freeze tonight; snow on the mountains. Which is to say, it's much better than shoveling... Peace and Warmth and Smart Shoveling to All.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

More rain headed our way for Christmas eve. Just what we don't need. Worst of it will be high winds. They are predicting gusts to 60 mph on higher elevations - like where we will be for the family gathering at Colbert Heights which sits atop a small mountain.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by poormom:
Here on Cape Cod...where it never snows, I FINALLY have gotten my car back up my hill of a driveway after 48 hours. We probably have two feet of snow. It's higher than my poor puppy's back!
And, 60 miles north of you, we had 9" officially, 5" outside our door, and the City of Boston cancelled schools. I hope the puppy's having fun! Stay safe!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:43 PM

I'm so glad I made it back in time for tropical storms. Unfortunately, the temperatures won't be like in the tropics I don't plan on going out much this weekend, sounds like it's going to be really nasty. Usually, when they say it's going to be bad, it is.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm so glad I made it back in time for tropical storms.
That is exactly what they say we'll be getting tomorrow. Let's see...heavy rains from Gulf moisture being drawn north, flooding, high winds, yup that sounds like a tropical storm to me. Pity the people with big light displays. They say the winds at 800 feet could reach 70 knots, but not enough instability for tornadoes. Not a good day for flying around in a Cessna 150.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:42 PM

I don't know if you watched the bowl game last night from Las Vegas, but I think that's what is heading this way. They had to take down the sky cam and the catch nets on each end zone. The goal posts were really swaying. A ref's hat blew off and the commentator said, "bet that's in Kansas now".

Tags
2011, 30, august, blizzard, cruise, england, generators, pictures, powered, radar, reviews, snow, tornado, vbulletin, weather, wind