Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter l View Post
Bob1958, Happy "WARM" sailing to you; at least you won't be around for this latest weather of 2011...Enjoy your cruise.

Peterl
Thanks, Peter. We're having an "old fashioned" winter here in the northeast, reminiscent of winters of the 60s and 70s. I ice fish and snowmobile so I don't mind all that much, but 2 weeks of summer weather is really going to be nice!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:00 PM

This is looking a lot like last winter where I live (Central NJ). And the thing of it is, we aren't supposed to get this much snow all winter. I think our average is 24 inches for the season, which we got in one slam that day after Christmas.

Today it was another 18 inch storm, and perhaps another significant storm next week. Not much melting over the next week, which means running out of places to put the snow that we have to shovel.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 PM

We actually got above freezing today and are supposed to get into the 60s this weekend. Then next week, possible snow and temperatures plummeting. We've had at least 18" in the last month, so much for being in the south.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:57 PM

The weather continues to be crazy, but in the South and the NE..This last storm on Thursday piled up all the way up the Northeast coast but pretty much spared Maine from the brunt of it...Records are being set for amount of snow in the month of Jan for cities and states as well and some going back as far as the early 1900's !!
Enough already.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-01-2011, 05:42 PM

The newspaper today had a headline that central Illinois was preparing for "Snowmageddon"! And it has come true. Right now, we are experiencing blizzard conditions--fierce winds and blowing snow. We could receive up to 18" of snow. With the terrible winds, the drifting will be something else. Almost everything is shut down.

Our son said we should have gone on our cruise last Saturday instead of three weeks from now!

Nadine
Old 02-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Nadine, I hope y'all don't lose power and stay safe. It is supposed to be something else. A bunch of my friends on facebook from Abingdon, Va have been posting they are having high winds now. Will this winter from heck ever end? I hope the Ground Hog has some good news tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Sorry for the double post, but this is going to be nasty! I have friends from multiple states telling me they have high wind with ice on the way tonight. You are all in my thoughts.

Dwayne
Old 02-01-2011, 11:25 PM

This is a bad one! We're suppose to get 18" by 8am. We're getting gusts of wind up to 55 MPH with snow accumulations of 2" inches an hour at times. I guess you all know what I'll be doing tomorrow...

... Sonny
Old 02-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Smile
Hey Nadine; just noticed your posted cruise for the 19th...We too are cruising out of FFL on the 19th and will be in Grand Caymen the same day as you...Winter has been rough for all of us and in the New England area as well. We started with snow yesterday (not the big storm) and got about 4 inches and now we are in the beginning stages of the "BIGGIE". Will be cleaning up for the next two days..Can't wait to get on the plane and out of this for something better.
Enjoy your cruise !

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-02-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny V View Post
This is a bad one! We're suppose to get 18" by 8am. We're getting gusts of wind up to 55 MPH with snow accumulations of 2" inches an hour at times. I guess you all know what I'll be doing tomorrow...

... Sonny
Sonny -

I saw Headline News reporting from your town this morning about all the snow. Hope all is well with you.

Dwayne

Tags
2011, 30, august, blizzard, cruise, england, generators, pictures, powered, radar, reviews, snow, tornado, vbulletin, weather, wind