Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Right now, I would love to see a 30 degree day! Central Illinois has frigid temperatures. This week has varied between -10 and 16 above. Right now it is 16 degrees and snowing like crazy.

I keep telling myself that spring is only three months away!

Nadine
Old 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Dave and Dwayne - C'mon up here to the "warm" NorthEast where the outside temp is in the mid 30's and we can sip umbrella drinks by the plastic palms!!!

Thank you kind Sir for the generous invitation!

However, we have 20's and 30's here! There is no doubt that we are in need of some warm weather and a "boat drink"!

Nadine - I keep telling myself the same thing.

Dwayne
Old 01-06-2010, 09:07 PM
OK!OK! LisaP and Nadine- consider yourselves invited to sit under the Plastic Palm with the Umbrella Drinks here in warm 30 Deg.Connecticut with Dave and Dwayne...LisaP you don't have to travel too far so bring some munchies!! Who else is comin'? I know SonnyV is chillin" too!!! Penny,Sandy and janfred probably could use some warm libations to boot!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 01-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Who else is comin'? I know SonnyV is chillin" too!!! Penny,Sandy and janfred probably could use some warm libations to boot!!!
If I can talk queenof cruzin into showing up I'll offer a free drink package.....and it won't be done in the style of a certain cruiseline or two!!!! But it is limited to "umbrella" drinks, anything you can imagine drinks, wine, beer.......but...water and soda will be $47.50 US each!!!

Come....keep warm!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the invite, I'll bring some Lobstah for this great meeting as I'm not far up the coast here.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 PM

BillyBuzzy, thanks for the invite! We had 7" of snow today and it's still snowing. Temp will be about zero tonight and there is no warm-up expected until next week.

Our daughter lives near Ft. Myers, FL and it was 28 degrees there yesterday morning. Can't even fly to Florida to get a break!! She said the airports don't have de-icers, so the planes had to sit in the sun to thaw out before they could fly!

Nadine
Old 01-07-2010, 11:31 PM

Aww Nadine! I hope it warms up soon. The salt marsh here was actually partially frozen yesterday morning. I didn't think a salt marsh could freeze that quickly, it did though. Maybe Billy will invite us again when we all can make it.

Peter can bring some lobster, and I'll bring some blue crab from here. And if asked, I'll bar tend and make us Umbrella Drinks.

Dwayne
Old 01-08-2010, 07:06 AM
The snow is knocking on our door today. We're only supposed to get a dusting, but I'm tired of the cold and the mess. Our street is still a mess from the last storm and the towns say they have no more money for snow removal. I wish the politicians would run out of money to blow their own horns!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 01-08-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Our daughter lives near Ft. Myers, FL and it was 28 degrees there yesterday morning.
I'm in Ft. Myers at the moment (actually, Naples) and can attest to it being cold. The high temps were supposed to be in the 60s but it sure didn't feel that way. More of the same today.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Sandy, she lives in Bonita Springs, so she isn't far from you. I just talked to her and she relayed that it was going to be in the 60's today and 40's tomorrow. Crazy weather!

Well, 60 degrees is 60 degrees warmer than it is at our house in central Illinois! I try to feel sorry for her, but she knows I'm faking it!!

Nadine

Tags
2011, 30, august, blizzard, cruise, england, generators, pictures, powered, radar, reviews, snow, tornado, vbulletin, weather, wind