Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM

I know it's probably not the place, a car racing forum would be more appropriate. However, his eyes were as crystal blue as the Caribbean. I had the pleasure of seeing him in Denver at the CHAMP car races. His eyes were absolutely beautiful. He was talking to Mr. Haas and their driver. I'm sure if I had asked for an autograph, he would have been gracious, but I didn't want to bother them. I do hope his charity work will continue. We have lost too many great talents this year.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

You think about the stars like Paul Newman and you realize how those in Hollywood today can't compare. Newman and those of his era were dignified and didn't live in the gutter like the endless shreds of debris we see in the news every day - flashing their privates in public, getting drunk and causing wrecks, etc.

I liked reading the stories this past weekend of Mr. Newman showing up at farm markets near his Connecticut home to buy fresh cider, or his running a popcorn stand at charity events.

As I've mentioned before, my mom served him when he stopped in to her diner in the 1960's. Cheeseburger deluxe and fries. Somehow it seems like an appropriate meal for him.

Closed Thread