Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 01:04 AM

Did anyone else get an email from Netflix concerning a lawsuit, and a free month of movies?

Dwayne
Old 08-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Dwayne,
We joined Netflix sometime ago, Love it but have not seen an e-mail about a lawsuit, yet.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Perhaps this will help.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:44 AM

For those of you that have NetFlix how do you like it? I have the Blockbuster program, and I think I would like it better that Netflix.

It has the same easy to return envelopes and the selection is very good. What I think sets it apart is the ability to return your movie at any Blockbuster location. When you do that, not only do they mail you your next movie quicker (since there is no time wasted as the post office delivers the movie back to Blockbuster HQ), they also let you take any movie from the store for free. I have the "one movie at a time" subscription, but thanks to this perk I usually have 2 at a time.

NetFlix allows you to watch movies right on the website, right? Are all movies available? That's a nice perk, too, but I think I like Blockbuster better. Maybe NetFlix has other features that Im unaware of. A free month is a pretty nice perk!

PS - 500 posts! Just call me Master Mike
Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

I have netflix and like it. In my case the nearest distribution center is in Birmingham, so my turnaround is quick. If I send back a dvd on Monday I have the next one on Wednesday. I don't like going to stores so the Blockbuster thing wouldn't interest me. I can wait a couple days.

Not all netflix items are available for on-line viewing. Plus, instant viewing only works with Windows and Internet Explorer. However, netflix now sells a box for $100 that connects to your home wi-fi. This box connects to a TV and will download and play things. It can't access all of the items in the netflix catalog (over 100,000) but it will access around 12,000 movies and other shows. I don't plan to get it though.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Mike, I started with Blockbuster, switched to Netflix, then switched back when they started the in-store excahnge policy.
I think Netflix had a slightly better selection, especially the older and more obscure movies. But the in-store exchange is great--especially since I have one a block away. And by the time I get home my queue is showing what I returned and what is on its way.

Rick
Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Perhaps this will help.
Thanks, Dave. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bogus email. I'm not currently a member and don't remember signing up for the class action. I was a member early on though, so that must be why I got it. I haven't seen the last Pirates of the Caribbean so that will be the first movie I put in my queue.

Dwayne
Old 08-12-2008, 09:22 AM

i guess, in the end, they offer very similar services, so it doesn't make a huge difference either way...im going to stick with Blockbuster, but those Netflix perks that Dave mentioned seem cool, too

Closed Thread