Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 06:08 PM

Thanks so much for checking for me. Yep, I pretty much am coming to the conclusion I am out of luck with it. I may do a torrent search as one last effort.

"Dear Santa, please bring me Windows 7 and a new Scanner, I've been good all year".

Dwayne
Old 12-18-2009, 06:23 PM

I have been searching but a link, but can not find one. On this morning's new they said Windows 7 is doing so good, Mac people are coming over. Also said the help lines are not too busy, a good sign the system is stable and working as it should.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:00 PM

Do you still have the Beta on your system?

With this upgrade you have to buy the Family Pack for 3 computers. I guess they smartened up over the years. I remember buying 98 and putting it on 2 machines using the same key code. I think it was licensed differently then about households.

Yes, I've been reading good reviews as well. I read somewhere you could clone XP in Vista, but I'm afraid of messing with it now that most all is finally working.

Thanks for looking for the link.

Dwayne
Old 12-19-2009, 09:31 AM

Yes I still have the Beta. I might spring for the Professional, or Ultimate version, they are the only ones that will run in an xp mode.
My wife got a new computer a few months ago. It has Vista 64 but comes with a Windows 7 upgrade. We have not upgraded yet, she is afraid to. Does not want to fix something that is not broke.
The multi use versions of software seems popular these days. Our old MSOFFICE 2003 was good for 3 computers. I have had to reinstall it on my computers a few times. Last time I had to call them and get an okay, was not the hassel I thought it would be. I might buy a 3 version of the Ultimate for my computer, our laptop, and let one son use one.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Although I am primarily a Mac user I have a Dell netbook and an older Dell laptop. The laptop had Vista and was acting up (freezing on boot up) so I installed Windows 7 on it yesterday.

So far so good. Windows 7 is quite fast and does seem "Mac like". I found it odd that Microsoft decided to not include mail and photo programs with 7. I just installed Thunderbird for e-mail and Picasa for photos.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 AM

Thanks, Dave. Vista has caused more problems than any other operating system I've had. I'm still waiting on the price for the 7 family pack to drop a little because I have 3 computers now with Vista.

How did the installation go?

Dwayne
Old 02-18-2010, 08:34 AM

Windows 7 is like going from 2000 to XP, still some bugs, but much smoother than Vista. Although I still have Vista on my work machine, can't get my purchase order approved for new licenses, I have worked on many 7 machines. So far, so good with drivers it seems to be no problem. I'm sure there are plenty of things out there that won't work, but they all know that. They want us to have disposable equipment so we have to buy new stuff every 2-5 years. I have to stick up for Vista a little bit, it has been pretty stable, no BSOD in 2 years going on 3.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 PM

I haven't upgraded to 7 yet. I've had a couple of problems recently with unsolicited "antivirus" type software trying to take over my systems. I thought I'd never get rid of one of them. Also one of the Windows updates for Vista (I think) screwed up my network settings. This is the second time that has happened. The first time it took out my wireless adapter settings. On the Vista front I haven't had any more problems since turning the updates off.

Dwayne
Old 03-05-2010, 07:10 AM

Dwayne- Don't compare problems with Vista to expectations with Windows 7. I have machines with both and even with all the latest patches, Vista still is quirky compared with Windows 7. I don't think I have experienced any issues with Windows 7 unlike Vista which seems to be full of bugs...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 AM

Dwayne, do you have two computers? I find it easier to get rid of some of those bad bugs by removing the harddrive. I think hook it up to the other computer by way of a usb. Works for me.
Windows 7 is better IMHO.

Tags
access, computer, cruise, dial, discontinued, exchanging, geeks, pictures, roadrunner, router, time