Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 10:19 PM

my cat Vern is a 28 lb maine coon. he runs the house, if he is unhappy the rest of the house is unhappy.
I had to stop giving him temptation cat treats, oh my he became very addicted to the and got very aggressive if I would not give them to him.
But he is our pride and joy. with the children grown and out of the house we have to have someone to shower with our love.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:14 PM

Gary, Bubba is "Purrdy"!

What is up with them changing the Pounce treats? They come in a bigger container now and get dried out. Then Sampson looks at me in disgust. I'm so glad they can't talk beyond their cat sounds (which I've grown to understand) or I would definitely have a sailor on my hands! And the older they get, the more demanding and grumpier they seem to get.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
That part I can deal with, but he starts flexing those claws on my stomach!!
I call that "making biscuits". It means they are happy. I had Sampson's front claws removed when he was a kitten. I knew I wouldn't have any furniture left unscathed if I didn't. Of course I don't let him outside without having any claws to defend himself. He doesn't even try to go outside when the door is open as he has always been an indoor cat.

Finlander - It is almost the same with my cat if he is mad, except he turns his back to me and sits and won't respond when I say something to him. I say are you having another "sit in" and he'll look over his shoulder with a look that could kill.

They are the strangest creatures and they all have different personalities it seems. If they think something is wrong with you they are the first to notice.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 AM

I love cats, Ron doesn't, but he'll put up with them as long as they're outside. They definitely have different personalities, each one of them, and they do have us wrapped around their paws. My last real cat, one that wasn't a stray, was named Sampson, too. He was a lilac point siamese mixed with alley cat. Unfortunately, he had the siamese voice, and he'd let you know in a heart beat that he was boss.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Our cat, Misty, was a stray who allowed us to adopt her in 2004. At the time, I didn't like cats and made it known to my husband that she would be an outside cat.

Then the snow started falling and she would sit outside the door and look so pitiful. We have had an inside cat for 6 years now! She's a sweetie and I have obviously changed my opinion of cats.

Her quirky thing is she loves to have us use the dustbuster on her! It's nice, too, because it removes hair while she is getting her massage.

She definitely rules the roost around here!

Nadine
Old 07-20-2010, 07:11 AM

The things we do for our cats!!
Miss Tigger will knock on the door when she wants out on the patio and then again when she wants back in....usually about a half a dozen times in a 5-10 minute stretch of time..!
She also decides at 1-2am that it's time to jump on the bed a start licking my face, back or chest...anything to get me to wake up and start petting her.....and of course I do....
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward
Old 07-23-2010, 01:19 AM

Kitties are really smart too. Our tap water recently turned rather salty after the influx of vacationers. The high usage must have flushed the pipes out or something. Anyways, Sampson had been slapping the water out of his water container thingy. He sees me opening a jug of spring water and drinking a glass today. He caught on to that fast and "put in" for some too. I'm sure those with Kitties know what that means. So I drained his tank of what I think is salty water and gave him a fresh bowl of spring water.

I sure got some loving tonight. Just in case they actually understand what we say, I told him we can't have spring water all the time, just until they get the pipes fixed. I already run the water through a filter normally.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Her quirky thing is she loves to have us use the dustbuster on her! It's nice, too, because it removes hair while she is getting her massage.
Nadine, I wish Sampson was like that, especially during shedding season. When I bring the vacuum out he acts like it is his mortal enemy and runs like the dickens. He doesn't like any loud noises. We have fireworks every Monday night at Barefoot Landing during the summer at 10:15 pm. He runs and hides behind the commode in the hallway bathroom. I "think" he thinks it is a thunder storm because he does the same thing when one comes. He finally (13 years) got used to the jets flying over real low while landing or taking off and they don't bother him now. The pet sitter has at the top of her list of instructions to leave the hallway bathroom door slightly open in case he wants to seek shelter there.

In a way it is sorta funny. The news media tells us to go to a central location when storms come. He does that by instinct.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:07 PM

Doggone it! I typed a reply, hit some key, and lost the whole thing. It took me so long to word it and now it's out in cyberspace somewhere!

That is cute about Sampson going into the bathroom. Animals are definitely smart when it comes to perceived dangers.

By the way, Misty loves the dustbuster, hates the vacuum!

Nadine
Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Here is a picture of our spoiled cat:

Tags
bad, carnival, cruise, cruises, kitty, melt, reviews, tuna