Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Nadine that is amazing. Sampson is getting "dreadlocks" so I'm going to have to take him to the groomers. He hates it, but always feels better after. He always looks so funny after a fur cut.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:47 PM

Poor Sampson! Well, he'll be glad when it's over.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Just saw this and thought it was hilarious!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Dwayne

I see you are cruising the Fantasy in Oct. You will get to see my daughter dance after all. She is now married to the Head guy in entertainment tech on the Fantasy. It's a new position and I don't know what they call it, But my daughter is a dancer, probably the only one from USA. She picked out our current cat Dixie.

I'd post a picture of Dixie but I don't know how. She is a Calico, about 16 pounds, and will give you an ankle bite if she isn't happy just like Sampson Theodore Roossevelet Dalton Gangaroo. BTW Sampson is a beautiful kitty.

I'll tell her you will be aboard so she won't be surprised when someone gives her a Hi from Dixie.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:02 PM

CruiseDad,

Yes I'll say hi to your daughter from Dixie! I'll ask Risa which one she is. I used to have a calico her name was Lucy. She lived to be 12 and then got something wrong with her liver. I still miss her. She loved to make biscuits (flex her paws) on my stomach like Gary's Bubba.

To post a picture you need to have a picture hosting account at one of the picture sites. I use WebShots because it is free. You can then link to the picture. Use the third tab from the right on in the reply window and copy and paste the link there.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:38 PM

We also have a cat, Chloe, and here is her story.

She was a stray, and was found by animal control, nursing her 3 kittens. She and her kittens were brought to the local animal hospital. Her kittens I guess were adopted after they were healthy, and they nursed Chloe back to health. We adopted her in June, and I guess at that time she had been at the vet for 3 months. She was malnourished, flea infested, etc. from living in the wild.

She is almost 2 years old, as the vet put on the paperwork a December of 2008 birthday. SHe still has some of her behaviors from living in the wild. She paws around her food, making it known that it's hers, and doesn't want anyone else to eat it. In doing so, she makes a mess of her dry food. She'll also go in a corner, where we can only approach her from one side, so she won't get scared when someone comes up from behind, because nobody can.

A side note, she actually had the chance to go back out in the wild by accident. My mom was vacuuming out her car, and not realizing it, left the door from the house to the garage open, and the garage door open. Chloe goes out, again, my mom not realizing it. She comes back in, and a few minutes later, hears a meow, and recognizes it as a "distress call," and not her normal meow. She checks the usual doors, closet, door to the basement, etc. but no luck. She figures there's only one place left, and opens the door to the garage. Chloe comes zooming in, and goes right for her food!
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-18-2010, 03:17 PM

Well, I can't seem to get the picture inserted correctly, so here is a link to the album on webshots. I'll keep fiddling with it, and if I figure it out, I'll post the photo.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:40 PM

OK, I think I figured it out. The only explanation I can come up with is that I was trying to copy and paste the URL from a pixel size that was too big. This photo is 200 pixels. For a bigger view go to the webshots album, which you should be able to get to by clicking on the photo.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:27 PM

We actually had a cat before Chole, named Cali, who was a long haired Calico. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of her.

We had to put her down back in March after almost 21 years. After a break, around late June, my parents went to the vet where they showcase cats for adoption, and Chole was there. At the time, her name was actually Mommy, as that's what the vet was calling her because of her kittens. My dad started playing with her, and that made him realize he wanted a cat more so than he thought. He kept asking if we were really ready, and apparently we were, because we started the adoption process that night, and brought her home about a week later.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 AM

Dwayne

Your first story in this topic reminded me of my old cat, the calico that we had for 20 years. About 2 or 3 years ago now I think, my parents were away on vacation, and it was just me and my cat.

She was smart enough to know I was the only one home, and just meowed really loud in my ear at 5:00 am on a Saturday because she wanted to be fed. Giving in to her, I fed her, then went back to bed, closing my door. She also did this on Presidents' Day, when I had the day off.

Tags
bad, carnival, cruise, cruises, kitty, melt, reviews, tuna