Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 04:43 PM

goin' cruizin'...

Off topic, but considering the nature of the Lido Deck, I offer no apologies: I'm from Placerville, went to Ponderosa High School, and worked at the Taco Bell in Cameron Park when I was a teenager. Just had to share, because I was so surprised to see someone on here from my neck of the woods (almost literally). I live in Sacramento now, though.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 PM

I might be out of line with the group here, my apologies if so. Shouldn't we celebrate this change instead of finding fault or looking at it from glass half empty perspective? Maybe a "Let sleeping dogs lie..." type approach? I love having an area to get to know more about those I've had limited chat oppty's with until now.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 PM

Neil, you're definitely not out of line.

Sonny

Old 08-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

Just a quick note to the two previous posters; the Sent to My Room post was made on 8/16; better than a week ago, by my estimation. My follow up posts acknowledged the positives of Lido Deck, and given the fact that the vast majority of my Cruise Chat viewing falls in Lido Deck, I'd think that it would be quite obvious that I think it's a pretty good thing. No offense, but you're a little late to "the pile on g.c. party." Besides, psychocruiser invited people to pile on g.c. in another thread.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Banned

Hi jillianallison; a fellow foothiller, huh. I have a junior at Ponderosa right now. Have been in CP since 1991. CP is not a bad place to live; although like you, I'm sure, I hate all the development coming up the hill. All them dang people from the bay area clogging up what used to be a rural area. Oh well, what's a muthu to do? Welcome, neighbor.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

This is old news; why bring it up so long after the fact. Pile on elsewhere. Duh.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned

I think the Lido Deck is a fun place to be!
I take responsibility for shedding a dark cloud upon us when I responded truthfully to the "Dumbing of America." While many agreed with me (somewhat), some disagreed. But it probably should have been left to silly remarks and quick oneliners as PsychoCruiser is so good at doing. I need to take a lesson from him as well as Spiritfilled who I believe truly is filled with positive spirit, never saying anything negative to anyone or about anything.

I sent myself to my room before anyone actually tied my hands and sent me down the gangplank -- well I have been, in a way, by my own conscience. I voiced an opinion that I keep locked inside but am reminded of everytime I walk out my front door.

Now when I see on this site "Welcome, Suzy Cruise (Logout)" my mind reads it as "Suzy Cruise Lockout"
Have a nice day!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

P.S. I was thinking about changing my name to Curmudgeon. But, now I'm thinking Pariah is more appropriate.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:46 PM
That's O.K. SuzyCruise,

a little self-flagellation never hurt anyone.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:09 PM

No offense intended GC, love ya man. Didn't mean to pile on. Just an initial observation I probably should have refrained from posting. Just noticed the thread a little late.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
ca, deck, lido, sacramento