Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:26 AM

Most of the family things have come and gone for us. We still have a few parties, My wife has another BD today, and next we we celebrate another Anniversary.
We are going out to a great local rib place today. Tomorrow we are going to start trying to lose a few pounds. We say that every year, and lose a few every year. This year we plan on sticking to it.
Anyone care to join us?

Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Administrator

I need to. My big gut is the cause of my health problems - chronic back pain, blood pressure. It's funny how I can have so much self-discipline in virtually every other aspect of my life, yet dieting is a brick wall.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I had a "wake up call" a couple of years back, when we had our annual medical check up at work. My blood pressure was normal, but my cholestrole values were way too high. I was 31, and the doctor strongly advised me to loose 10-15 kilograms. On top of that I was smoking a few cigarettes now and then.

That moment I realized I wasn't going to be in my 20ties forever. If I wanted to avoid more serious health problems, something needed to be done - quick. So since then I have lost 23 kilograms and excersices three to five times every week, either by running or spinning/bicycling. I have not gone into a special diet, but of course I'm more concious to what I eat.

I have truly enjoyed the delicious christmas food, but at the same time I have ended every day with running or a spinning class.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-27-2009, 01:23 PM

Svein, congratulations on such a successful and healthy story! You've really made a lifestyle change instead of going on a diet.

I need to do the same. It seems to get harder the older I get, but I hopeful again this year...
Old 12-31-2009, 06:48 PM

Good going Svein!

Like Sandy, I need to do the same thing, or at least give it a much better effort this New Year! I smoke way too much and am way too sedentary.

Not much longer here on the East Coast of the U.S. I want to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous NEW YEAR!

Dwayne
Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Like Dwayne I wish All and Everyone here at Cruise-Chat.Com the Happiest of New Year's-May we all cruise together at some time in the near future!!!

A Bon Voyage to All,

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Administrator

To all of our forum members and friends, thank you for helping make this the greatest cruise forum there is, and on behalf of the staff and management of CruiseReviews.com I wish you all a Happy New Year. Here's to a more prosperous 2010.

You all mean more to me than you can imagine, and I cherish the friendships we've developed here over the years. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your lives.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:00 PM

Dwayne

Closed Thread