Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Administrator

There is a military channel in the U.S. It is owned by the Discovery Network. Typical shows will be on aircraft, modern warfare, historical documentaries on past wars, military training, things like that. They have some good programs. I like the ones featuring military aircraft.

Here is their website.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 PM

You know when I am flipping thru the channels looking for something to watch, I still find myself watching Andy Griffin now and then.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I still find myself watching Andy Griffin
The Andy Griffith Show is a personal favorite of my whole family. It shows how great writing and an ensemble cast of great actors can make a timeless classic. Same thing with the Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore, Cheers, Seinfeld, etc. I love all those shows.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM

We don't have the History Channel, Travel Channel or Military Channel yet, but our rinky-dink cable company was just purchased by Comcast so I'm hoping we'll have them soon. CSI (original) and Criminal Minds are two I'll stay up for and I'll watch most of what they have on TLC and Discovery (as long as it's not the godawful Jon and Kate plus 8, can't stand that show for some reason). Wife will keep in on the SciFi channel all day if it wouldn't cause a mutiny.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator

I also like Star Trek - all version, although I have been enamored of Voyager the past couple of years. My favorite character is "the doctor". We didn't get the series locally when it was new, so I now am seeing it for the first time on Directv.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:00 AM

The Travel Channel was recently dropped by TWC. A local protest is sure to ensue. I like the old shows too, especially Andy Griffith. It is a rare treat to see one that I've not seen before. While home for lunch last week I watched an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" just because it was on. What a different world that was. Seinfeld is an all time favorite as well. Other than a brief stint at trying to figure out if Desperate Housewives was a drama or a comedy, I like the CSI and courtroom type shows when I can watch.

Dwayne
Old 12-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Seinfeld is my all time favourite. Have the complete DVD collection. I also liked Frasier, Friends. Of the US series on air right now I must admit I like Grey's Anathomy (even though I'm not a female nurse )

During our recent vacation in the Philippines, I watched "No reservations" on the Travel and Living channel and found it very interesting, as well as the "Take home chef" (or something like that. Unfortunately we don't have Travel and living channel in our cable network.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:56 AM

I only watch two shows on television. I always watch Jeopardy (you wouldn't know it but I was a contestant on Jeopardy college week back in 1991) The only other show on television that interests me is Family Guy. I am very anti-politically correct so I enjoy watching a show that only serves to make fun of about 99.9% of society.
Peter Griffin: Brian, there's a message in my Alpha Bits. It says 'OOO'!
Brian Griffin: Peter, those are Cheerios.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Family guy is on in Norway now. Maybe I'll give it a try..

Old 12-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Administrator

So many shows, including Andy Griffith, go from great to mediocre when one cast member leaves. Griffith was never that good after Don Knotts left. I don't think Seinfeld would have had that problem, as long as Jerry didn't leave. If Elaine, George, even Kramer, had left, the show still would have been good.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, tv