Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 01:32 PM

I liked Seinfeld better before Elaine. She was ok, but a little over the top at times. Kramer was my favorite.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Svein:
Family guy is on in Norway now. Maybe I'll give it a try..
def give it a try - one of the best, and funniest shows on tv

and as Dr mentioned, it can be very politically incorrect - which is a great thing if you have a sense of humor and can take a joke

it sort of lies somewhere between the simpsons and south park
Old 12-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I liked Seinfeld better before Elaine.
?? She was not in the pilot but they had to add her (NBC wanted a female character) for the first production show. Do you mean the shows that didn't have her? Julia Louis-Dreyfus was pregnant during the series and was missing from some episodes.

I agree she was my least favorite character. I even liked Newman better!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:51 PM

I am a big fan of 24. Love to watch it. Maybe we need Jack to handle the Pirates for us!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
I liked Seinfeld better before Elaine.
?? She was not in the pilot but they had to add her (NBC wanted a female character) for the first production show. Do you mean the shows that didn't have her? Julia Louis-Dreyfus was pregnant during the series and was missing from some episodes.

I agree she was my least favorite character. I even liked Newman better!

When it comes to the female character, the waitress in the pilot (Claire I think) was intended to play a much bigger role in the show. However, as we all know, it ended up with Elaine.

Personally I liked the Elaine character, but it was totally dependent on Jerry Seinfeld to work out. Dreyfus' spin off series have been a total flop if you ask me

I liked all the characters. Maybe this was one of the factors that made the show so great - how the characters were fitted to each other. It's hard to name one favourite. In one episode it could be Newman, in another, George etc.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-09-2008, 11:56 PM

I liked Elaine. I can't imagine the show lasting that long without her. Her signature "get out" response is a TV classic. And who can forget the "maybe the dingo ate your baby?" line?

I laugh out loud every time I see it.

Dwayne
Old 12-10-2008, 06:21 AM

I never got the whole Seinfeld appeal. Jerry was just too whiney for me. I especially disliked his stand up routines that they would show from time to time. I would rather watch Roseanne Barr star in her own Victoria's Secret fashion show. Major shows that deal with a group of friends don't tend to do well without the whole ensemble. "Joey" from Friends...Elaine's series after Seinfeld... It has worked in the past but there are too many viewing options today for one character from a dead series to keep the energy alive. Sure, there was "Frasier" from Cheers and "The Jeffersons" from All in the Family that did outstanding but it is not a common phenomenon.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 AM

I guess it was a pilot or series, but when I first started watching it, there was only George, Kramer and Jerry. I don't remember Newman being there. Maybe it was when she was pregnant, but the original one I saw was a premise of 3 bachelors doing nothing. She is a great actress, but I thought the series would have worked better with the bachelors-a whiney commedian, a zany welfare neighbor, and a dependent **** retentive overgrown juvenile. The only "friends" type series I really thought was cute was Three's Company and Laverne and Shirley.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Seinfeld is like the Three Stooges with many people - you either love it or hate it.

Beyond sitcoms, I liked Hill Street Blues a lot. I just remembered it because Robert Prosky died yesterday. He was the roll call Sgt after Michael Conrad died. Conrad had the "let's be careful out there" line. Prosky used "let's do it to them before they do it to us".

Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 AM

That was one of my mom's favorite shows, which was really odd. She hated violence and profanity.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, tv