Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Our Son and his family have made it across the US. they were luck, they missed the storms in Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arizona by a day. They are off to Whidbey Island in Washington. We said we would watch the kids while they get settled in to there new quarters.
You know Grandkids (4,6, and 7) are great, our are fairly well behaved, and keep busy.
I have forgotton how much energy kids that age have!!! I told my wife we should have taken them on a cruise this week, it would have been cheaper than feeding them... With that said we are having the time of our lifes, and the parents are also. This is the first time our daughter-in-law has had a mini break in 8 years.
The plan is for us to met them half way on Thursday. I know my wife will cry most of the way home.

How are you Grandkids?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Gary
I don't have grandkids, but my 13 year old would love to see Yosemite. Would you mind driving to Cape Cod to fetch him?
Is your son in the military? Because relocating half way across the country doesn't sound like my kind of a break!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM

Don't you wish you had just 1/4 of their energy? So glad your family made it safely, those were some horrific storms. Enjoy your time, maybe you'll have to take your wife on a cruise to cheer her up!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by poormom:
Gary
I don't have grandkids, but my 13 year old would love to see Yosemite. Would you mind driving to Cape Cod to fetch him?
Is your son in the military? Because relocating half way across the country doesn't sound like my kind of a break!
Don't know about driving there, but if you ever make it this way we will be happy to show you around.
Yes our son is in the Navy. He was in Bremerton Washington (Nov of 2007), had to move to Virginia Beach for his Corpman training. Now is is moving back to Washington for 5 years. The two oldest Grandkids will have been in 3 schools for their first two years of schooling. There are doing great.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Don't you wish you had just 1/4 of their energy? So glad your family made it safely, those were some horrific storms. Enjoy your time, maybe you'll have to take your wife on a cruise to cheer her up!
Thanks Penny. Our Alaskan Cruise is going to be a double vacation. We will drive up and spend a week with them before the cruise and another week after the cruise.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:03 PM

Gary, I'm sure you're happy to have your son and his family back on the same coast as you. My son lives on your coast, too, in Seattle, which is a looong way from Washington DC.

We don't have grandchildren yet, but we're looking forward to it if it happens.

Enjoy!

Sandy
Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM

Thanks Sandy! Your son lives in a beautiful City. Although I will say I wish we could have spent more time in your last year. We really enjoyed it.

Grandkids are a Blessing.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Gary
Any family is a blessing. A son who makes you proud and has beautiful children and a wife who stands by him is so much the better. Maybe with the economy what it is, a new generation will realize that wealth and success aren't the same.
Sansy, you're a short-timer. Aloha and safe journey. Looks like you'll sneak out between snow flakes.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 PM

Thanks, poormom. We're looking forward to getting into the warm weather for a while. It's 28 degrees here at the moment.

Sandy

Closed Thread