Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

Since it's almost time for the official football season to begin, what is your favorite football team, Pro and/or College? This might be kind of fun for us to track our teams and heckle each other as the season goes on.

Pro - Green Bay Packers
College - USC
Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Administrator

San Diego Chargers (Philip Rivers graduated from Athens High School)

Alabama Crimson Tide. ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:28 PM

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers -
NCAA Big 10

Minnesota Vikings - NFL

Teams to watch this year - Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys. IMO
Old 08-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I really am not too much into football. Even less so when I moved here to Orlando. However I do like to route for my hometown team. So my favorite NFL team would be the Dolphins. And since both my sister and brother-in-law are UF graduates, my favorite college team would be the Gators. The last couple of years have been great years to be a Gators fan. Maybe they can have a repeat, just like the basketball team?!?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Banned

I had the misfortune (!) of being rasied in Stanford University's backyard, and from the time I was 8 until I was 40, I worked at Stanford football games, first parking cars, then directing traffic. Got to go to all the games free. Saw some of the greatest football players in college before they hit the pros- Stanford greats (not very many) as well as other universities. Sorry digdmr, I absolutely HATE USC, unless they are playing Notre Dame. That is the only time I root for SC. SC has pounded Stanford so many times, it hurts. When I was in junior high school, after a lopsided SC win over Stanford, a local scribe asked SC Coach John McKay about the day's game; McKay was kind of ****y, and said he wished they'd won by 60...from that point on I absolutely hated SC...still do. I live and die Stanford football....mostly die. But I'm still a fan.

Some of the players I got to see included a mess of SC studs like Lynn Swann, Ricky Bell, Anthony Davis, Sam "The Bamm" Cunningham, Ronnie Lott, Marcus Allen, Pat Haden, and that alleged killer, OJ. Also Penn State's Heisman winner, John Capaletti, Washington's Warren Moon, Washington State's Sonny Sixkiller, Cal's Joe Roth just before he died, Cal's Chuck Muncie, and of course Stanford's Jim Plunkett and John Elway. There were others, too many to list.

Those games were fun because it was a family affair; my mom and dad worked, my brother worked, each of his 3 wives worked (not at the same time, of course), my wife worked, and several high school buddies also worked. It was a great time.

Pro football; not that interested in the National Felony League anymore, but I used to be a Raiders fan.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

goin' cruisin'

You got to see some great football players before they made it big. I've always liked Stanford too, but I always seem to root for USC. I can certainly understand why you hate them. I like the Green Bay Packers because I love Brett's attitude.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 PM

I root for the Washington Redskins, and whoever is playing Dallas that week.

Sandy
Old 08-19-2007, 05:39 PM

Ditto digdmr! I back the Pack.

Sonny
Old 08-19-2007, 05:39 PM

Dallas Cowboys!
Yeah!

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

I'm also a big University of Wisconsin Badger fan (my dad went there, as an under grad, and Stanford as a graduate). It was tough when Stanford and Wisconsin played in the Rose Bowl 7 or so years ago.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, favorite, football, teams