Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Administrator

I'm about to make our air arrangments for next year's cruise/pre-post stay in London, and learned my Amex points could cover all three of us for non-stops on Virgin Atlantic. As I am so miserly with these points, I even have enough to spring for Upper Class one way. In any case, if anyone has any feedback on Virgin Atlantic, I'd greatly appreciate it. Our other choice is British Airways, who we've flown before. By going with Virgin Atlantic, would we be picking the lesser of two evils?

Flight from Boston to London would be overnight, flight from London to Boston would depart LHR mid-afternoon, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Administrator

I've not flown with them. However on my other forum there are many members who fly to and from the UK often. I just posted a question asking for comments about Virgin Atlantic.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 AM

i had the same dilemma when traveling to london last year....supposedly, virgin has a fantastic entertainment system (though ive never flown with them)....lots of movie, tv and game choices, and i believe you can start/stop/play the movies whenever you want (as opposed to them all running on a continuous loop where you have no control)....my friend claims that the seats on virgin are smaller than BA, but according to a few websites this isnt true....ive also flown BA, and thought it was one of the better lines (Austrian being the best I've flown)
Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 AM

I have flown Virgin America a couple of times from DC, since they flew non-stop to Heathrow. They were very pleasant flights, but overnight flights, so I don't remember a lot of it. Also, this was several years ago, but I remember it being just fine.

Sandy
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
By going with Virgin Atlantic, would we be picking the lesser of two evils?
You may recall Bill S. from the sealetter days. He is an American but lives in the UK and cruises a lot on Cunard. He replied to me that Virgin Atlantic is his airline of choice and recommended them highly. He also mentioned Premium Economy seating as a good deal.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Thank you, Dave. Please send Bill my regards. I may try to send him an email if his address hasn't changed.

I'm glad to hear he thinks Premium Economy is a good deal as that's what was offered to us on one of the flights. Of course, we're paying with points, not cash, but it's nice to know I'm not wasting them.

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, cruise, forums, reviews, virgin