Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Okay, so this article is from Australia but the same holds true in the U.S. and other countries. If you are posting a review of a ship, hotel, airline, car rental, etc., you should be careful and avoid taking great leaps in your allegations.

The linked article uses cockroaches as an example. Posting a review that says "the hotel was infested with roaches" when in reality you found one roach in your room is making a false statement. Any lawyer could make mincemeat of you, simply by asking if you were a licensed exterminator, if you inspected the entire hotel, etc. Same goes for a cruise line. When posting negatives, don't use sweeping terms and unsubstantiated allegations.

I recall a case from a couple years ago where a couple were banned for life from all RCCL cruise brands because of endless complaints they posted on "another" cruise forum.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:16 AM

And, if names are used, you can really get slammed by law suits. Venting can help ease your anger/disappointment, but being judicious about it is imperative.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:57 PM

I have finally rested from my vacation and can join in the discussions.
some people just can not be pleased. they always wake up on the wrong side of the bed. maybe sometimes they need to be sued.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:37 PM

When booking a motel/hotel my wife always checks the reviews. If we went only the the reviews we would never stay anywhere. People are very quick to post a negative review of a place. They really do seem to go overboard with their statements. Too bad more people in general don't post reviews, it would give us a better idea about the place. As for us we are usually quicker to post a good review. If we need to post something bad, we general wait a week or so, then generally forget about it.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
As for us we are usually quicker to post a good review. If we need to post something bad, we general wait a week or so, then generally forget about it.
I wish more people were like that. I couldn't count all the rants I've read were what was called facts ended up being exaggerations.

Dwayne
Old 10-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Too many people get tore up about something and then can't wait to get to a computer to gripe about it. "Just wait until I get home, the first thing I'm gonna do is hit the internet and tell everyone how ABC Cruise Line screwed me!" And it was most likely because of some little thing. Indeed, if they'd waited a few days and thought about it, they would be better off.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 PM

I have posted negative reviews (hotel, restaurant, tour, etc.) in the past but only after I have attempted dialogue with the manager or owner of the place of business. I am not looking for any freebies. A simple apology is all that is required to make me happy. Unfortunately, if they are rude and disrespectful, I will call them out.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:04 PM

Everytime I have complained about a legit complaint, it has been taken care of by RCCL. Writing reviews on some of these gripe sites, and we know which ones they are (the initials are TA), it has just become a forum for competitors to bash each other and for crazies who didn't get what they want.

We have a business that was written about in one of these sites (TA)...they complained because we wouldn't allow them to party w/ non-guests (bunch of 20 year-old guys) in one of our suites. They were running up and down the stairs carrying beer & were planning on having a pre-wedding party. (The wedding wasn't at our place) The guy who rented the room wasn't even in the room. So if we had allowed it and one of these underaged guys fell down the stairs, who do you think they would sue? Apparently, they had a lot to drink another evening and then did the cowardly thing by bashing us on Trip Advisor. Of course they are cowards since they don't use their own names.

The interesting part is when you read negative reviews, most of the time, you can figure out exactly what they did...and when they don't get their own way, they act like children. We have started legal procedings because they were in fact tresspassing and the man who rented the room is responsible for their actions. By writing this negative review, he is allowing them to inflict damage on us. And surprise...the man who rented the suite is the father of the groom and he is a minister.
Carnival Sensation 2002
Explorer 2003
Explorer 2004
Adventure 2005
Freedom 2006
Vision 2007
Jewel 2008
Liberty B2B 2009
Solstice B2B 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-05-2009, 08:40 AM

I am with you Jerseygirl, many of us can see right through some of these "reviews." I kinda do the same thing, I can picture that person who has a problem and what they did to cause it. When I came back from my cruise I made amention about a rude person on staff, but in hindsight, I take some responsibility in what happened. We were reading reviews on a fav restaurant on Key West at work yesterday, they were bashing a great place. Yes the initials were TA, the restaurant is expensive, but worth it in my book. Unfortunately, the expense seems to set unrealistic expectations, and the reviews we never stop a visit from me. I have been too many times, and enjoy it too much.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Ahh yes.... The infamous practice of whining and dining.

Closed Thread

Tags
lawsuit, posting, rants, ses, spendour