Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Lido Deck (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/)
-   -   Need your help. (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/2672-need-your-help.html)

gdjoslin 03-05-2010 02:24 PM

First of all if this violates any of the Terms or Use conditions, please delete.
I have allowed some High School Students to use a few of my photos from time to time. They make prints and sell them for fund raisers.
I have been approached by a couple of the local business people wanting to sell a few as postcards. I know I am not going to get rich, but it might be fun. Who knows I might even make enough to buy my wife's soda card on our next cruise. http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif
What I need to do is make a few post cards. I have uploaded some photos that different people like. Many of these photos have been used by the kids for their fund raisers. Some look alike, but they aren't
Here is how I need you help. If you would take the time to go to the site and vote for your favorites. Feel free to leave you comments also.
If you want you can even right click and download the image. To vote just put your cursor over the large image and a thumbs up/down screen will appear. I have hidden this gallery so you need a link to find it, feel free to share it.Later I will check the votes, and order a few postcards. I realize I still need to fine tune some of the processing also.
Thanks for you help.
Here is the link.

Jim C. 03-05-2010 03:01 PM

You are not asking us to buy anything so I don't feel as if you are breaking any rules.

I did go and vote Gary, but to be honest with you, ALL of them would make a great post card. I'd submit them all and let the local business folks decide which ones they want to use.

You do excellent work.

f-mattox 03-05-2010 05:34 PM

I'm with Jim: there are no favorites--they are all excellent. I'm so glad to see you doing something with your incredible talent.

Rick

gdjoslin 03-05-2010 05:59 PM

Thanks Jim and Rick!
Last year a few girls sold a few 4x6 in front of the local stores. They were getting money for Cheer Leader outfits. One day I was in town, I had to smile when I saw them attacking the tour buses with their sales pitch. I do not know if the Korean Tourist understood it was for their uniforms or not. At any rate they did sell a few.

Thanks again

Jill SC 03-05-2010 07:47 PM

Fabulous pictures. You probably can't use the ones with people in them without getting their consent, otherwise any of the shots would make great postcards.

gdjoslin 03-06-2010 08:38 AM

Thanks Jill. You are allowed to use a photo with people in it if you can not tell who it is. I have been told this pass the test.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the popular photos.. They are listed in order.

peter l 03-06-2010 11:11 AM

Gary, your work, as usual, is breathtaking ! I especially like the winter scenes. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Peterl

MCPayne 03-06-2010 05:17 PM

Gary

Great photos! I agree with Jim in that any of those photos would be a great postcard photo. I was fortunate enough to go to Yosemite National Park as an eighth grade graduation class trip (back in May of 1998).

My dad actually mentioned the other day that the students at the time made a promise to take someone they love back there, and I have to make good on that promise. This makes me think he's hoping I'll take him, but if that's the case, I'll have to save up. I have no memory of this, but I won't doubt what my dad says.

penny3333 03-08-2010 12:40 PM

I think Jim is correct, too. I voted, but I'd submit all of them. They're all professional quality.

drlivingston 03-09-2010 11:09 AM

Amazing... Simply amazing. You truly have a gift that I am glad that you have shared. It was a complete privilege to view your photos.