Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM

My, my how we can date ourselves remembering all those great appliances of past...My son was doing some wiring (he does a great job of it) and got stuck on it when he got it wired and then it didn't work..He has always been able to
solve things like this but got stuck...Sure enough, he found a web sit that allows you to ask a question and then offer a fee for a licenced electrician to diagnose the problem and make a recommendation...For less that $15. he got it answered and saved frustration..What next.."now make that incision approx 2 inches above and to the left of your belly button"??
???

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Administrator

I know a guy who just refuses to give up on things. When he was in an electronics trade school they had this TV that nobody could fix. Several classes had tried but failed. Larry made it his mission and spent several weeks working on the TV in his spare time. He fixed it. But being Larry, he also refused to tell what he did.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Dave - Didn't your friend Larry become a Cableguy?????

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Well, you'd have to know him to see why that wouldn't have happened.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:21 AM

My parents were recently in need of a cable guy, or some sort of installation technician. They bought a Sony Bravia TV. They tried to make the hook ups for the cable, vcr, and dvd player. They are 70 years old and had my aunt and uncle of the same age bracket helping. It would have been easier for me to drive 2.5 hours than play phone tech all day. Come to find out the dvd player (one year old) didn't have a HDMI port that the instructions said to connect with.

Technology sure changes fast!

Dwayne
Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 AM

[quote]Originally posted by penny3333:
I foresee having computer chips in us to report back to the doctors. /QUOTE]

We already do ...

A dear friend's mom has got a serious problem with her 80 y.o. heart, hardly surgerized in the late 80's.
The pink side of the thing (never forget to find it ...) : that old surgery really gave her another 20 years of good life ...
The black side: an ordinary pace maker can't be placed as usual for those 80's metal valves would cut any wire.

So, she's getting an external wi-fi pace maker (I mean, "external" being rather far from the heart ... but inside the body, right under her skin) which will also easily dialogue with doc's computer.

Closed Thread

Tags
curtis, happened, matis, repairman, repairmen