Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Administrator

And it's 75F in Boston at 8:00 pm EDT, where all the news coverage is about Tom Brady. Although I'm not a big Patriots' fan, I do hope he'll be OK after his surgery, whenever that might be.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 PM

Dave the Panthers were DARN LUCKY!! Last year that pass was not thrown or was it caught.Can't wait for Steve Smith to get back. Then we'll see what happens.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 AM

Didn't get to watch all the first game last night, and didn't see any of the second game at all. The Vikings were playing really hard, but Green Bay was swarming to the ball. I hope the Raiders won.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator

The Raiders got destroyed by Denver. 41-14.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:57 AM
How about those Bears no one expected that did they.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-14-2008, 01:52 PM

Panthers win again. Beat those pesky Bears.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Ed, you blew it. You singlehandedly gave a game away to a team that should have lost. I have always had the highest respect for your officiating but today I lost a great deal of that respect.

What am I talking about? I am talking about NFL Referee Ed Hochuli and his inept call at the end of today's game between Denver and San Diego. A clear fumble by Jay Cutler which was recovered by San Diego. Hochuli reviews the play and says he blew it but it doesn't matter because he also blew his whistle during the play, which made it a dead ball. So Denver keeps the ball and scores - and wins. We won't go into the first debacle, where a clear catch by San Diego was called a fumble because the replay equipment somehow didn't work. FYI - if the replay equipment doesn't work the rule is to wait two minutes and then declare the ruling on the field as the final decision.

Thanks Ed! I imagine you are the toast of the town in Denver tonight. Maybe they'll have "Thanks Ed!" t-shirts available in their on-line souvenir store tomorrow morning. Denver certainly owes you that much.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Ed, you blew it. You singlehandedly gave a game away to a team that should have lost. I have always had the highest respect for your officiating but today I lost a great deal of that respect.

What am I talking about? I am talking about NFL Referee Ed Hochuli and his inept call at the end of today's game between Denver and San Diego. A clear fumble by Jay Cutler which was recovered by San Diego. Hochuli reviews the play and says he blew it but it doesn't matter because he also blew his whistle during the play, which made it a dead ball. So Denver keeps the ball and scores - and wins. We won't go into the first debacle, where a clear catch by San Diego was called a fumble because the replay equipment somehow didn't work. FYI - if the replay equipment doesn't work the rule is to wait two minutes and then declare the ruling on the field as the final decision.

Thanks Ed! I imagine you are the toast of the town in Denver tonight. Maybe they'll have "Thanks Ed!" t-shirts available in their on-line souvenir store tomorrow morning. Denver certainly owes you that much.
100% agree with you Dave, an absolute officiating debacle this weekend.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:42 AM

I love the Chargers, and It was awful how the officials GAVE the game to Denver!!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I love the Chargers, and It was awful how the officials GAVE the game to Denver!!
Welcome to cruise-chat.

Philip Rivers played his high school ball in my town, so the Chargers are quite popular here.

My question to the NFL is: what good is a replay system that doesn't allow an obvious mistake to be overruled and made right? My second question is: In a sport with billions of dollars at stake, how is it that the replay equipment doesn't have a back-up system? This is in reference to the first blown call of the game.

Closed Thread