Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 PM

Some of you in the colder area will laugh at this.
A couple of schools were closed because of snow in my area. Hey we had almost 4 inches...

Don't think I saw chains required anywhere.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:35 AM

They should do that in northern Alabama. They don't have the equipment here to keep the roads cleared. I read in our paper that there were 7 accidents on the same bridge on I65 within 30 minutes due to ice. Well, gee, don't you think you should put some sand/salt down. Of course, the one truck they own was probably stuck.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 AM

It looks like California outside, the fog is so thick. When I drove in at 5:15 am, it was clear. Strangest winter weather here.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Administrator

I'm waiting for the fog to clear so I can go out and replace our mailbox again. Third time this year. Slack-jawed idiots who live in the sub-division down the road like to do 50 in a 25 zone (our road) and then they end up hitting our mailbox. Only one guy has had the decency to stop and tell me, and pay for it. He even helped me put the new one in place.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
I'm waiting for the fog to clear so I can go out and replace our mailbox again. Third time this year. Slack-jawed idiots who live in the sub-division down the road like to do 50 in a 25 zone (our road) and then they end up hitting our mailbox. Only one guy has had the decency to stop and tell me, and pay for it. He even helped me put the new one in place.
That's why I have a Post Office Box. If someone hits that with their car they'll know it and so will the rest of the town.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Administrator

The nearest post office for us is a 20 mile round trip, otherwise I'd consider it. I saw a mail box that is guaranteed for life. It is heavy steel and even hitting it with a bulldozer didn't hurt it. Of course they want $300 for it, or something like that.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator

It is still foggy in north Alabama, at noon! Very unusual. Our predicted warm weather and sun is now 50's and clouds/fog for the rest of the day. LIFR at HSV (low instrument flight rules), meaning the ceiling is below 500 feet and visibility <1 mile.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 AM

ess than a mile. that's not fog. In the Central Valley of California it fog when you have a hard time seeing the front of your car as you drive. Many times you can see only one broken line at a time on the HWY.
My wife is from Southern California, she thought she knew what fog was, but learned what fog is when she visited my family year back.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
It looks like California outside, the fog is so thick. When I drove in at 5:15 am, it was clear. Strangest winter weather here.
In our area the Post Office puts up large metal Gang boxes. They are set in cement. It would take a tank to knock them over. Once someone tried breaak in to it. They bend the door pretty bad, but were never able to open it enough to get anything out.
Our Gang box is right across the stree from us, However some people have to drive a mile or so to get it. Usually they are placed so the people have to drive by them as they leave or come from town. They also have a few large lock boxes for packages, if you get one.
I did not know if I would like the system, but we love it.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Dave, I have driven all over this wonderful country of ours and some of the worst fog that I have experienced has been on Hwy. 72 from Madison to Chattanooga. It was so bad at times around the Hollywood and South Pittsburg areas that I had to creep along at about 5mph with my hazard lights on to avoid any type of collision.

Closed Thread