Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Administrator

What a lousy and strange weather day in the south. Snow in the New Orleans area, high winds and rain this morning in north Alabama - we get snow this afternoon, and severe weather with tornadoes to our east.

We've been overdue for "one of those winters" in the deep south. It has been 10 years since we had an ice storm. I have the bad feeling this is the year for it.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 AM

It has been a strange winter with these extreme temperature changes. We had thunder and lightning overnight. Not a normal thing for December. I think something may be brewing to make this an even more strange winter.

Dwayne
Old 12-11-2008, 07:07 AM

We are getting ready for a stormy period also. It is foggy here today, not the heavy valley fog stuff, but still fog. We are suppose to get rain/ice/snow for the next week or so. Snow is going to be down to the 1500 foot marker. We live at 3000 so I need to find my chains.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:07 AM

53 degrees in Trussville, AL, right now. It won't get any higher. We have had heavy rain all day. I was supposed to drive to New Orleans today but I opted to stay home and paint the upcoming daughter's room. Like you, Dave, I bet the Chilton County peach growers are more than crossing their fingers about the potential of this winter. You know with all that global warming, we need to watch out for these winter storms (pointed jab at Al Gore definitely intended).
Old 12-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Administrator

I'm sure the little man behind the curtain is yelling into the microphone "don't let this cold weather fool you!". I trust what Dr. Roy Spencer at UAH says - infinitely more than the alarmists and their genius supporters in Hollywood.

I believe in balance. While it is lousy in the eastern U.S. today, it is pleasant someplace else.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 AM

If I didn't have to work, I sure wouldn't have been out in this mess today. The wind is horrible and I don't want a cold before/during or after my upcoming cruise. With weather like this, it seems inevitable I am really ready for the Caribbean!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 AM

I guess that's the crud that's supposed to hit us later tonight. I wouldn't mind if you kept it down there for a few more days .

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM

Dave- your "pleasant somewhere else is here", but the grass is always greener, don't you think. It is a high of 74 here in Phoenix, with a low of 49 today. Here, in the "Valley of the Sun", we get so excited when the weather is bad. It is a real nice change for us. I actually have my sliding door open to the family room, I can here the birds outside singing Our sucky weather is the monsoons in the late summer. We can get really bad dust storms blown in from the desert, and we also get hail at times, all while it cools down to 60-70 degrees or so. We also usually get bad flash flooding. I do wish we had the 4 seasons, but then if I lived in a cold place that had the 4 seasons, I'd probably be wishing I was living back here in sunny Phoenix. Good luck with your weather. Lil' Lori

Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator

I once entertained thoughts of moving to Arizona or New Mexico. I spent many weeks, at different times of the year, at MCAS Yuma so I experienced the monsoons, heat, dust, etc. But I mostly loved the climate.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 PM
So far. it looks that over here in Norway we're going to get a traditional cold winter, it's been snow and ice since December 1, and the temperature has stayed below 0(Celcius) all the time.

Not so much talk about the climate change this year...

Closed Thread