Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Administrator

I got jazzed this afternoon while watching a show I recorded about breakfast places. It showed Murray's Bagels in NYC and they had one of my favorites - a "LEO" bagel. I haven't had it in a while. LEO meaning Lox, Eggs, and Onions. I found some smoked scottish salmon in my freezer, I've got bagels (too bad they aren't H&H), so that is my Sunday breakfast. It is a very rich meal, especially with cream cheese added (which I do).
Old 12-20-2008, 05:05 PM

I normally don't eat breakfast and we buy things the boys can make themselves, but every now and then I do a "silly breakfast for supper night". A couple weeks ago I made sausage gravy with biscuits and S.O.S (which I haven't had since I left the Navy). The boys actually liked it, although they thought the S.O.S. was a tad salty. The time before that we did homemade egg mcmuffins.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-21-2008, 06:12 AM

Today is 2 eggs over medium, applewood smoked bacon, grits, and toast. I've never eaten lox before, I tried the smoked salmon on a cruise once. I thought it was sushi.

I use the Thomas English muffins to make homemade egg mcmuffins sometimes.

Dwayne
Old 12-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Sunday is our "big breakfast" day. Today was two scrambled eggs, peppered bacon, pancakes and waffles. We set it out buffet style. I passed on the waffles, but had everything else.

Dwayne, I love grits and have them whenever I'm in the South. They're hard to find up here, but lox and smoked salmon are plentiful. So is smoked whitefish -- my MIL used to buy some for me whenever I visited. My husband and son like pickled herring, but I won't go near it.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Administrator

I modified my plan a bit. I am sitting eating it right now. Instead of the bagel I went with just the scrambled eggs with onion and salmon in it, some dill added to the mix.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I went with just the scrambled eggs with onion and salmon in it,
This is my husband's favorite breakfast, probably having something to do with "the way Mom used to make it." In fact, on the Crystal cruise earlier this month, the omelet guy at the Lido buffet would purposely keep lox on hand and start the omelet as soon as he saw us walk into the room, until my husband told him to hold off. Talk about service! I asked for a spinach and cheese omelet one day, and he was ready to make it for me every morning until I told him not to.

Sometimes my husband would walk through the buffet and collect things like capers, spinach, cheese, etc., and then take the plate to the omelet man and have him combine it with eggs. Omelet Man always looked forward to seeing what my husband collected that morning.

Today it's going to be oatmeal and blueberries for me...

Sandy
Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 AM

The first time I tried grits was in bootcamp. Thought they were cream of wheat. What a wake up call that was.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Administrator

I am quite fond of sausage gravy on biscuits. I came across a great recipe in the newspaper. It has thyme, sage, and rosemary in it. Excellent.

Grits never impressed me. My wife is from Alabama and she doesn't like them that much either.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I came across a great recipe in the newspaper. It has thyme, sage, and rosemary in it.
Simon and Garfunckel would have added parsley...

Sandy
Old 12-21-2008, 12:29 PM

OK, I'm going to be the weird one in the group! I like sweets for breakfast. This morning it was Pumpkin Bread and coffee. Hubby had cereal and normal stuff.

If there is a cookie, cake, pie, anything sweet in the house, that is my breakfast!

Nadine

Closed Thread

Tags
bagel, breakfast, buffet, carnival, cruise, egg, english, leo, muffins, salmon, whats