Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 03:54 PM

I am experimenting to see if I can learn to insert a photo. I'm not too computer savy, so it probably won't work!

If it does work, this is a picture of Margerie Glacier in Glacier Bay as it was starting to calf.

Nadine

Old 06-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Ok that didn't work!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Nadine- You first have to post your photo to a host web site such as http://www.webshots.com/
Once it's on their site you'll have an option to choose a link of what size to include on the cruise-chat web site. The link (not the actual photo) is then entered into the reply box at the top drop down menu "URL".
It seems like a lot of effort to post a photo but it takes longer to explain than it takes to actually do.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:52 PM

Thank you. I will try that. I have my pictures at Walgreens.com and I tried copying the URL, but it didn't work. Dave had suggested trying a host web site, too, but when Walgreens didn't work, I gave up!

I'll try again over the weekend when I have more time. Thank you!

Nadine
Old 07-12-2008, 06:00 AM

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that when you post photo's at the Walgreen's site there put there only for the purpose of your personal order & the other hosts encourage other propel to but prints they like. ie webshots, shapfish, photobucket,tubeimage...there a seems to be a lot of them.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:40 PM

I use smugmug and never have any problems. The down side is it's not a free sight, I pay $30 a year, but to me it's well worth it.

http://www.sonnyv.smugmug.com/

Sonny
Old 07-12-2008, 06:50 PM

Thank you Sonny. It's a neat website, but if I could find one for free, that would be better!

RichC, have you used webshots and do you feel it is secure and all that stuff?

I would just love a post a couple of pictures from our Alaska cruise. I want to share them with the world! But I would just pick out a couple. Plus I like the challenge of trying new things on the computer.

Nadine
Old 07-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I'll jump in here, Nadine; I've used Webshots for about a year now and am completely happy with it. They have a premium account that comes with a fee; but we have the free version and it serves us just fine. It is very user-friendly; believe me, if I can use it, it is user-friendly.

Rick
Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 AM

Nadine- I don't know about the security issue as the pictures you upload are available for anyone to see. There is an option to lock off a particular folder if you want to keep others from viewing certain photo's. You can then send an invitation to family members to see the locked off folder.
What would be you concern about security? IF there were pictures you didn't want the world to see you probably shouldn't be posting them there anyway.
Uploading is a slow process at best & to try to include all my photo's from our last cruise would take forever, so I just select pertinent ones as needed.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:38 PM
I found the same thing, RichC; I had planned to store all my photos there but it does take a long time to upload. So now I just upload the ones I want to post or share with others. And yes, they have a private "shoebox" where only the people you allow have access. But the uploading and posting process is really easy.

Closed Thread