Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM

I have taken towels, sandels, books, ect off the chair and placed them in the corner. No one was around, it was early, they were still there after i had my morning coffee.. so I did it.
I also do not like the person in the 10 item or less line that divides their items into different groups to be within the 10 or limit. others just do not care and get in line anyway.
Tourist annoy me also. Yes I know I am one. I try to be respectful. Seems like some bus loads we get in town are just pigs. They litter and really make a mess in the rest rooms.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I also do not like the person in the 10 item or less line that divides their items into different groups to be within the 10 or limit.
Oh I know! "I'm buying these 10 items for my neighbor and the other ones are for me". Yeah, right.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mps69:
OMG Gary you've opened a massive can of worms here.

People pushing my daughter out the way at the buffet bar, do they honestly think the food is going to run out.
Why oh why are people so rude these days.
There's nothing wrong with getting what you want as long as there's break in the line but I wouldn't push the others out of the way. I've seen to many people just stand behind a group of people waiting for them to finish preparing a salad & not even take any. Take something, move along & the lines wouldn't be so congested. I'm not waiting behind someone if there's a break in the line & I don't want anything from that station just to be polite.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
I have taken towels, sandels, books, ect off the chair and placed them in the corner. No one was around, it was early, they were still there after i had my morning coffee.. so I did it.
I also do not like the person in the 10 item or less line that divides their items into different groups to be within the 10 or limit. others just do not care and get in line anyway.
Tourist annoy me also. Yes I know I am one. I try to be respectful. Seems like some bus loads we get in town are just pigs. They litter and really make a mess in the rest rooms.
How is the smoke situation at Yosemite park these days?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Dave: What's your view on the time limit for saving a pool chair? 10, 20 , 30 minutes? or no saving under any circumstances.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What's your view on the time limit for saving a pool chair?
The usual rule I've seen says "no saving". There is some reasonability involved though. Putting your towel and bag on a chair and then going to the pool area men's room, or to the bar to get a drink, is fine. You are actively engaged in using the pool deck. I'm not saying someone has to constantly occupy a chair or lose it. The issue is those who tag a chair and then head off to breakfast or even go back to their cabin figuring on returning to the pool later in the morning or the afternoon. They are breaking the rule regardless of the time involved. What I've noticed with the more diligent pool staffers is they'll wait maybe 20 to 30 minutes before removing items. That seems fair to me.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
How is the smoke situation at Yosemite park these days?
Smoke is gone..for now. A fire just kicked up in North Fork. It is a foothill town also maybe 2000'el. Here in Oakhurst we are not getting any smoke and Yosemite shouldn't either.
Which brings up another issue. People throwing their cigarette buts out the windows. Big NO NO>
The last Big fire will cause a few law suits. It was started by a person doing some target pratice. His round hit a rock and started a fire. He turned himself in fairly quickly. He knew he started it and did not avoid the issue. He did not think the rounds would cause a fire.
Turns out he thought he was shooting a copper round, it was steel. Had it been copper the risk of a fire waould have been pretty low. Sounds like the company sold rounds as one thing and they were something else.
With so many homes lost, people displaced and guessing who will have the deep pockets. I think this will be in the courts for awhile.
BTW it sounds like the kid will get 18 months. he had also fail to register his rifle.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
What's your view on the time limit for saving a pool chair?
The usual rule I've seen says "no saving". There is some reasonability involved though. Putting your towel and bag on a chair and then going to the pool area men's room, or to the bar to get a drink, is fine. You are actively engaged in using the pool deck. I'm not saying someone has to constantly occupy a chair or lose it. The issue is those who tag a chair and then head off to breakfast or even go back to their cabin figuring on returning to the pool later in the morning or the afternoon. They are breaking the rule regardless of the time involved. What I've noticed with the more diligent pool staffers is they'll wait maybe 20 to 30 minutes before removing items. That seems fair to me.

The pool is not the only place they save them. They save them for the main show also. Most Cruise lines say that is a no no also.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
they then stumble around trying to find a seat, talk loud and usually stand in front of me. sow times are posted for a reason!!.
Somewhere is the heavens, Sigmund Freud is smiling.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:40 PM

All of us have things that annoy us... Some of them are things that involve our occupation (I am sure that Dave loves it every time Pres. Bush says "Nucular") and others our personal lives. I drive a tractor trailer part time and I have developed a few pet peeves that I will relay to you:
4-wheelers (trucker lingo for cars and suvs) that think that they have to get in front of trucks even if it means cutting the truck off.
The same people who think that I have the magical ability to stop a 72-foot long 80,000 lb. vehicle on a dime.
And last but not least... PEOPLE WHO DRIVE WHILE TALKING ON THEIR CELL PHONES WITHOUT USING A HANDS-FREE DEVICE! The only thing worse than that is the idiots who ACTUALLY TEXT MESSAGE OTHERS WHILE DRIVING!!! (sorry for the shouting) But I digress...
We have become a selfish, self-indulgent, nonethical, hypocritical, liberal, pathetic, dependent, boorish, and just plain annoying society.
I dislike people who refuse to walk an extra 50 feet to put a grocery cart (buggy to southerners) where it is supposed to go after putting their groceries in their vehicle.
People who are at a cash register talking to people on cells phones while trying to complete a transaction.
People in grocery stores who wait till the last second before pulling out a check book to slowly write a personal check.
People at McDonalds who order a quarter pounder with cheese, a large fry, and a diet coke.
People in restaurants with screaming kids who think that we should all ignore them.
People at the same restaurants who allow their heathen kids to molest buffet lines with unclean hands...picking up a roll with their hands and putting it back; being under the sneeze guard in general; and don't get me started on the ice-cream station and the toppings.
People in front of me in the deli line at the grocery store who 1 pound of a certain meat. Not .99 pounds or 1.01 pounds.
People who order chicken at Ruth's Chris Steak House (my wife included).
Title-pawn places.
People who look over your shoulder and tell you crossword-puzzle answers.
People who put "Happy X-mas" on gifts and cards.
People who squeeze from the front of a toothpaste tube.
People who put rolls of toilet paper that feed from the bottom instead of from the top.
People who bring children to the "adult only" pools.
People who bring their children into liquor stores.
People who use the motorized carts at Wal-Mart just because they are obese.
etc. etc.
Sorry for rambling on and on.

Closed Thread

Tags
obese