Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:People in line at a fast food establishment who can't speak enough English to order what they want.
Put that together with the people working in the fast-food establishment who can't speak enough English to understand the order, and you've got . . . .Costa Mesa!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Administrator

How about the baffled look you get when your order totals $5.06 and you hand the person a ten dollar bill, a nickel, and a penny? Total cognitive shut down, regardless of the language spoken.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
How about the baffled look you get when your order totals $5.06 and you hand the person a ten dollar bill, a nickel, and a penny? Total cognitive shut down, regardless of the language spoken.
That would bring up one of mine. They do not bother to count your change back. No one know how anymore. that just give you a wad of money and expect you to take their word for it.

Ionce at a clerk give me the money that way. I told her she was off by a buck, she quickly gave me another one. I think said you are off by two now. She was gone to give me more money but I did not have the time to keep playing.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
OK, that one is actually cracking me up!

We have Russian students that come here to work every summer. And they are very nice and do a great job. I went in to BP the other night to pay for my gas. They know me and I can wave for them to turn my pump on instead of prepaying if I get gas. It came to $19.30 to top the tank off. I gave him a $20 plus a nickel so I could get 3 quarters back for the car wash.

He was absolutely dumbfounded!

He has worked there all summer, so he knew I wasn't trying to do anything shady. He just couldn't figure it out and kept trying to give the nickel back to me. Finally, I told him to enter $20.05 in what ever their cash system uses for the amount received for the transaction. Then it popped up 75 cents and he got it.

Sorry for the long post, but this is a sore spot with me. My parents ran a small grocery store when I was growing up. When I got to be about 15 they would let me help out behind the counter. My mom taught me how to count change back, and I would get in trouble if I didn't.

Dwayne
Old 09-18-2008, 07:28 AM

Was shopping yesterday.
Sam's club has Christmas stuff out.
It is getting to the point you have to shop 4 month in advance of the season to buy something...

Old 09-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Same at Costco.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
"rubbernecking" This is a widely used term to describe the phenomena of people who slow almost to a stop when driving by an accident scene..
If that's not bad enough, it's beyond frustrating when you wait in a huge line of traffic, just to discover that people were slowing down to see a cop (without the lights on) simply stopped to help someone with a flat or some other very minor issue.

And then you occasionally see someone rear-end the driver in front of them because they were looking out the window instead of at the road ahead of them.

Ok, and one other thing - it really bothers me when people automatically blame the police in any situation involving use of force. That's not to say that all cops are angels - some do abuse power. But you see these videos of people being tazered - they get warned 5 or 6 times that it's going to happen, then they still ignore the commands from the police, so they get what they deserve.

It doesn't matter that you don't think you did anything wrong - if you are ordered by a cop to do something, shut up and do it, then work it out in the courts later if you still feel you were wronged. Being stopped or arrested isn't a "guilty" verdict. No good has ever come from fighting the police.

Even if you were innocent of the original offense, as soon as you disobey a direct order, you've committed a new offense.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Quote:
In my job I send many emails with forms & then instruct the client on the requirements. My emails are short & to the point. It seems no one ever reads them because they don't send what I need or they ask the questions that are already addressed in the email.
No one reads the letter or e-mails with instructions. And then they blame everyone but themselves when things don't go as planned.

I also hate clients who think that you should ignore every other file and do their work because they are in a hurry, waited until the last minute, and think they are more important. In one government office there used to be a sign posted "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
obese