Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 AM

This is a take off our another thread, but I thought it would be interesting. What annoys you.
I will start with this, could name a few more..

I get bothered by people coming into a movie after it has started. they then stumble around trying to find a seat, talk loud and usually stand in front of me. sow times are posted for a reason!!.
On our last cruise there were one of these people. It was the last morning. We had been informed of the process. Several people had to clear INS, customs or whatever, before they could get us off the ship. These people were told where and when to report. 45 minutes later and after several sip wide calls one person was not to be found. We were told she finally finished her breakfast and was found.. 2000 people waiting on one person to finish breakfast!!.
People who always run late bother me.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Another "it's all about me" person for sure! I would have organized a 2000 person Bronx Cheer for her.

I cannot stand tardiness. I learned it from my mother and it was reinforced during my stints in the Marines and the Navy.

I'm annoyed when I have table companions that think they can wander in any ol' time. I'm talking about showing up at 6:30 when the dining room opened at 6. It is very inconsiderate.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM

What about the people who show up 20 minutes late for a traditional dining table with a drink in hand & think nothing of it while 6 others sit around waiting to place their orders?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM

My dad always said "if you are not 30 minutes early, you are late!". I am lucky that my wife feels the same as I do.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What about the people who show up 20 minutes late for a traditional dining table with a drink in hand & think nothing of it while 6 others sit around waiting to place their orders?
That is what I am talking about. It is rude to the others at the table and inconsiderate of the waiters since it screws up their timing and ability to tend to their other tables.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:35 AM

OMG Gary you've opened a massive can of worms here.

Pet peeve, waiting in a queue at the tender station, when some smart @ss thinks they can come in from the side simply because the came down a different set of stairs or just stepped off the lift/elevator.
People pushing my daughter out the way at the buffet bar, do they honestly think the food is going to run out.
Why oh why are people so rude these days.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-12-2008, 09:42 AM

Maybe I view is slightly selfish since I'm always in a hurry to get to the show lounge to save my seat for the show. On our next two cruises my wife talked me into traditional seating once again (we've been anytime for a few years now) & I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Saving seats...I am annoyed by those who save pool chairs. One of the more annoying methods is to save two chairs by putting one sandal on each chair. This really tempts me to violate the RCI Save The Waves policy of not throwing anything overboard.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 AM

Rude people taking orders for other people in the Deli line on the ship. Just when you think you are near the front to order your Reuben, a person comes up and gives the person in front of you 7 orders for people that did not wait in line.

A can of worms indeed. I can't stand these rude people. I have made a few chair savers on Carnival pay for their me me me attitude.

Dwayne
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Administrator

The key is to only toss one shoe and leave the other one, or perhaps replace their clean towel with a used one.

I know what you mean about the order takers. It's the same in the check-in line, when one person in a group is near the front of the line and suddenly the rest of them arrive and go under the ropes and join their pal. People in groups/families need to enter the line together. The rendevous should happen outside the terminal.

Closed Thread

Tags
obese