Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Lido Deck (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/)
-   -   Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 2010 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/lido-deck/2924-nathans-hot-dog-eating-contest-2010-a.html)

Dave 07-01-2010 08:24 AM

It is time again for that annual testament to gluttony - the Nathan's Famous hot dog eating contest. Watch it live on ESPN this Sunday at noon eastern time. Will Joey Chestnut be successful in retaining the title?

Press Release

penny3333 07-01-2010 01:38 PM

They ought to have Adam Gerbler compete. He's not a competitive eater, but I bet he could do some damage. The bread would get to me after 1.

Dave 07-01-2010 02:09 PM

I could do maybe 6 or 7 with buns but I'd eat them conventionally. It's quite gross the way they dunk the buns in water to squeeze them down for easier eating, but that is the name of the competitive eating game.

I worked with a guy who would down a half dozen with all the fixings and not even break a sweat for his lunch.

Adam Richman could do a number on them too.

penny3333 07-02-2010 01:10 PM

Sorry, I got the Adams mixed up. Gerbler is Will Work for Food, Richman is the eater.

Dave 07-02-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Richman is the eater.

He has to work hard to make what is likely run-of-the-mill food sound wonderful in many cases. Sorry, but when a cook throws frozen burgers on the grill they aren't going to be eye-rolling ooh and aah great. Especially when they stack 10 of them like in that Boston show he did.

I was impressed when he ate the 144 raw oysters in New Orleans.

Dwayne 07-03-2010 12:02 AM

I might could manage 4. Of course I prefer mine with all the fixings.

billybuzzy 07-03-2010 08:54 AM

These high consumption fast eating contests are somewhat crude and downright uncivilized......I think a good wine should be provided for dunking the rolls...We need to kick these contests up a notch!!!

You Know a good box of wine, a little Velveeta and some Ritz Crackers.......AHHH!!! The Good Life!!!

Happy 4th to all!!!

BillyBuzzy

Dave 07-03-2010 08:57 AM

Reminds me of my favorite snack when I was stationed at Subic Bay - pandesal, cheese whiz, and a San Miguel.

Dave 07-04-2010 09:59 AM

And in a less-than-stellar contest Joey Chestnut wins the mustard belt with a mere 54 dogs and buns - 14 less than his record. His nearest competitor was 9 dogs behind. Obviously the absence of Takero Kobayashi on the eating platform was a key factor since Chestnut really had nobody in his league to push him to new heights as a gustatory athlete. Kobayashi appeared in the crowd where he was roundly booed as a non-hacker.

Dave 07-04-2010 11:35 AM

And now comes word that Kobayashi tried to rush the stage at the award ceremony! NYPD nabbed him and he was led away in handcuffs.