Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Are any other Members watching the championship series between the Celtics and Lakers? We've been Celtics fans for years...have had a partial season ticket package for about a decade.

Go Celts!

LisaP
Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 AM

It's past my bedtime. Of course, I have to get up at 4am. I think the Celtics will win, though.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:19 AM
I am a huge Celtics fan! It has been many years since the glory days of Bird, Mchale, and Parish...not to mention Russell, Havlicek, and Cousy! The Golden Age is back!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:18 PM

The finals aren't as fun without Tim Donaghy as a ref... The series would be tied and assured of going to seven games.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:40 PM

I lost interest when my Rockets were eliminated from the play-offs after making a push the second half of the season to get in. I don't like the Lakers at all and haven't cared for the Celtics since the glory days papa55 mentioned.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-14-2008, 03:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I am a huge Celtics fan! It has been many years since the glory days of Bird, Mchale, and Parish...
So, so true. That was about the time I moved to Massachusetts. How I enjoyed watching them play! I had the privilege and pleasure of meeting Parish at a Celtics' fan event a couple of years ago... truly a gentleman.

I do hope we can have this series wrapped up tomorrow. This staying up until midnight is getting to me...and then I can't fall asleep as the game was too exciting!

LisaP
Old 06-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Banned

I prefer the Celtics over the Lakers but I do believe that for a long time the refs have been controlling the outcome of games. The ref they caught is a crook but his claims of other refs controlling outcomes, favoring certain players, following orders from the NBA office etc.. have some credibility. I stopped watching the NBA games about 5 years ago.

Sodey
Old 06-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Congratulations, Celtics!!!

And congratulations to the Lakers for a series that was very well played. Other than last night's 131-92 blowout, the other games were very close.

I'm also happy that I can finally start getting some sleep. (papa55, I know you understand...)

LisaP
Old 06-18-2008, 10:42 AM
I hear ya, Lisa...Living in the eastern time zone and watching every game can wear on you, but it was worth it! Go Celtics! NBA Champions once again!!! The way life should be....Now GO SOX!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:29 AM

I predicted it, now why can't I pick the winning lottery numbers Both teams played their hearts out, but the better team prevailed. Congratulations Celtics!

Closed Thread