Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Lido Deck - Off-Topic Section > Lido Deck
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Seems to me that you have to connect with the one that is in the best mood.
The last agent goes "okay, I got three Beers" rather jokingly. This doesn't bother me when it happens (a lot) because it seems to loosen things up and I get more help.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
did you originally book these flights by calling Delta, or online?
I booked on-line at the Delta website. In the past they have called me when changes happened, but not this time. This disturbs me more today than it did last night. Not only was it possible for us to miss our first flight, but we would have been stranded in ATL on the return home. And then there is the issue with the first class not really being first class, even when the airplane has a first class section. Delta's computer charged me the big money, and then sat us in coach for 2 of the 4 flights (which is what it was yesterday when I first noticed it).
Old 05-14-2008, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
I like Delta. Really, I do. But today was exceptional. We are flying from HSV to SEA on June 19th for a cruise. We return on June 27. I fully understand equipment and flight number changes. When I booked this, I paid full board for first class seats all the way. I even chose flights that specifically had first class.

So I get curious today and access my itinerary, and find that my departure flight was moved from 7am to 6am. I also see that I am now flying business class from SEA to ATL instead of first class. No biggie there. But they had me on a flight arriving at ATL at 7:39pm, and my connection to HSV would have been on the ground at HSV about the time I arrived at ATL. So I call Delta and get the dreaded guy in the Philippines. He redirects me to a stateside agent. This agent fixes my last flight and I ask why I am also in coach on this flight since the airplane shows first class seats. I am told my first class booking is not really a "full" first class booking, and it allows me to be placed in coach. News to me. I am paying $5000 for three round-trip tickets from HSV to SEA and back. But, this agent says she will see if her supervisor will approve my getting the big seats. Of course, I then get cut off and the phone goes dead. So I call back. Now I get a different agent who breathes really hard into the phone. She says "no problem" and puts us in first class and we are done in 30 seconds. Nice job by the last person.

And I also got my departure flight changed to a more civil hour.

Why does it take three phone calls to get this done?
DELTA
Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

lol

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 05-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Administrator

I have to admit that one thing Delta has never done is lose my luggage. That honor goes to Northworst and US Air.

Closed Thread

Tags
deltad